• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Does any one have any experience with the matech rear buis? I know the military uses them so they must be half way decent. Im thinking about putting one on my ar along with a trs25 but am hesitant to drop a ton of money.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Unless your building a clone there are much better options. Even the magpul polymer flip ups are a better option. The nub that keeps the sight closed wears out and so the sight won't be a ble to be closed after a while. They served their purpose in the military.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    aside from my gun being a mid length i am trying to keep it looking some what militaryish. i have heard of the detent thing wearing out. hmm maybe i'll look into other options.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've heard of them doing that but haven't experienced it myself. A buddy of mine actually had his break down like that in combat during a deployment, and said he had to keep it tied down with a hair tie when he wasn't using it. I have had the crossbolt break on one and the claw on the mount break on another. Battle Arms Development makes a cheap upgrade to fix it though, and it makes it much more rugged. I think they are a fine sight if you can get one cheap enough (as in free or really really cheap), but otherwise I'd put the money towards something like a Knights, Troy, Samson, etc....

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Found one for super cheap that im throwing on a budget carbine that im building. considering its a ptac upper im not going to put a super nice sight on it.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I have them on a couple of my ARs and I like them. One of them is as-is and the other is running the BAD screw and clamp because they were missing and the price was right on the sight. You can usually pick them up for $50 or so at one of the surplus tables at the 1500.

The elevation adjustments are nice. I sighted it in as instructed, clicked it back to 500 yards, and then hit a full sized steel torso on the first shot from that distance.

kwood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    lizton/brownsburg
    i have had one of those experiences where the nub wears out on my issue rifle.
    It was very annoying. the other thing i find annoying is that the range selector tends to get changed with the slightest bump. so you have to pay attention to where that is positioned. Also those sight calibrations are set for the standard military zero. so if you like something different, you may not get the benefit of those markings.
    The sight works, but as others have said...there are much better options out there.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    got mine today and threw it on my current ar and I kinda like it feels sturdier than the ones I have handled in the past (I've never shot them but have played with them) so I wonder if they have a newer model. I think this will go on my premium psa upper and my carry handle will go on the ptac, the exact opposite of the original plan lol

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom