• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I am shopping for a softer mattress. Recently I heard a radio ad for a store that sold mattresses manufactured in Indiana. IIRC, they were saying that these were NO-AD type mattresses, as good as name brand but cheaper. If possible, I'd prefer to spend my money locally.

I am looking for:

• Full size or queen, preferably full
    • Soft
    • If possible, just the mattress, not box spring
    • Cheap
    I have slept on Select Comfort and the number beds, etc, and I understand they are quite nice, but they are way out of my price range, so please don't bother suggesting something like that. Absolute max budget right now is $300. If I can't do it for less, I will keep using mine until the wallet fattens up a bit. It's not a great time to buy one but I have been waking up each night for the past 10 days and am losing my sense of humor about it.

I am trying to find out the name of the store that sells Indiana-made mattresses. A google search has not turned up anything useful.

Alternatively, I am looking for a store that sells low-price, quality mattresses. I am willing to take a chance on no-name brands. I am also willing to consider used stores, provided they aren't dirty.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions. I know there are some other cheap-skates on INGO, so let's hear your ideas!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Holder Mattress Factory

Holder Mattress Factory, I know they are in Indy and Kokomo.

I think they have a down feather filled mattress.

It's the "Holder Down" mattress. :D

I am shopping for a softer mattress. Recently I heard a radio ad for a store that sold mattresses manufactured in Indiana. IIRC, they were saying that these were NO-AD type mattresses, as good as name brand but cheaper. If possible, I'd prefer to spend my money locally.

I am looking for:

• Full size or queen, preferably full
    • Soft
    • If possible, just the mattress, not box spring
    • Cheap
    I have slept on Select Comfort and the number beds, etc, and I understand they are quite nice, but they are way out of my price range, so please don't bother suggesting something like that. Absolute max budget right now is $300. If I can't do it for less, I will keep using mine until the wallet fattens up a bit. It's not a great time to buy one but I have been waking up each night for the past 10 days and am losing my sense of humor about it.

I am trying to find out the name of the store that sells Indiana-made mattresses. A google search has not turned up anything useful.

Alternatively, I am looking for a store that sells low-price, quality mattresses. I am willing to take a chance on no-name brands. I am also willing to consider used stores, provided they aren't dirty.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions. I know there are some other cheap-skates on INGO, so let's hear your ideas!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This place makes mattresses and they are in Lafayette. They make different levels of mattresses but you'll be hard pressed to find anything in the $300 range anywhere of any quality. You might get a decent mattress and no box springs for that. We bought our daughters full size mattress there but I have no idea what we gave for it.

Holder Bedding Inc
    230 Farabee Drive North,
    Lafayette, IN 47905
    765 447 7907
    Products & Services

• Bedding
    • Custom Sizes Available
    • Delivery Services
    • Makers of Quality Bedding
    • Makers of Quality Bedding Since 1947

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Wow, you guys got in just before me. I know they make them in Lafayette but I don't know about any other locations and if they make them there as well or if they are just stores.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Thanks for the information about Holder guys. I am checking that out next.

Any other suggestions for a cheap-price, decent quality mattress? My current mattress is hard like a piece of plywood, so I need to find something softer, but nothing fancy.

Thanks.

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Take a look at Cort Clearance Center. Cort rents furniture to companies and so forth, but they have decent quality items that are used, but generally in very good shape. I have bought two queen sets there. As I remember, you should be able to find a good mattress in your price range. Just visit the store, plop a mattress down and give it a go.

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    Holder Mattress/Holder Bedding

Holder Mattress/Holder Bedding used to be one company. When my uncle died the families did not see eye to eye. My aunt got Lafayette, Muncie and Anderson. My uncle kept Kokomo and later opened stores in Indy, Speedway , Castleton. I have been out of the business for a few years. Grew up when it was all of us together. Went to work for a factory right out of High School. Went back for 10 years left for another job and I really am not sure how good they are now. We used to be the best. Bar none. Great place to grow up. Working with family gets weird when divorces are involved.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Call holder and see if they have any "seconds" or "defects" of some sort that you can take off their hands...

-J-

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    There's a family owned company just south of Franklin that builds their own bedding. I can't remember their name though, and have no idea of their quality or pricing, but they are local. They did a little radio advertising earlier this year.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    I bought a king size mattress and box spring at Sam's Club in Columbus, it is a Serta and for the money, it is great....they may have something in a full in your price range. Good thing is you can buy just the mattress or a set.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    We bought a Holder mattress 10 years ago, and it's still like brand new. Best part is, we don't have to turn it.

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    Another option is to buy a memory foam topper. I would recommend nothing less than a 3 inch one. We put one on the mattress in our guest room because the mattress in there was getting pretty rough. Now when I have a bad night and can't sleep I head there and pass out pretty quickly. You should be able to pick up one for less than $300 heck buy two and stack them and you will feel like you are in heaven.

Top Bottom