• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pshinn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    I just had to write to tell you of my extraordinary experience purchasing a New Maverick by Mossberg model 88 with a 28" barrel.

WOW!

The whole experience was easy!
    Sporting goods called over an area manager.

I filled out the online Federal form, they printed it out andthe Asst. Store Manager came over while they called the ATF

Purchased gun and 2 boxes of 2 3/4 winchester shells for target.

Verified my identify as a Non-convict Us citizen!

They walked me out and looked at my watch and was amazed!!!

In at 12:05 out by 12:25

I know many of you have issues with buying anything from Walmart but I could not pass up the opportunity to give it a try.

Comments are welcomed

Just please do not down play the Maverick 88.
    I am here to discuss the Wally Walk experience... kinda neat

BTW by the time I walked out of the store there were 5..five 5 employees watching the process.

Now the only other thing I can add is that this particular Walmart in Columbus,In (near I-65) just started selling long guns 1 month ago.

This was a very positive experience!!!!!!!!!

Comment away!
    :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Now the only other thing I can add is that this particular Walmart in Columbus,In (near I-65) just started selling long guns 1 month ago.

This was a very positive experience!!!!!!!!!

I'm actually not at all surprised by this. I don't think my local Walmart has started selling guns again yet (haven't been in there for a few weeks) but my experiences buying ammo and other thigns there have been very easy and positive. The staff I ahve dealt with have been very helpful and surprisingly knowledgeable. I fully expect that when/if they start selling guns, it will be the same.

sweddle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Good for you! They use to have pretty good deals. Now, if Galyans would take over Dicks and start selling handguns again, all would be back to normal!

pshinn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    188 plus tax
    I also bought 2 boxes of winchester 2 3/4" target shells 5.97 each

grand total 212 and change out the door!

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I don't have anything to say about Mavericks. I think Mossberg makes a great shotgun. I must say that I am impressed with how fast you got out of there. It takes me longer than that at the Anderson Dunhams...

pshinn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    I am happy to hear so positives about Wally world on this thread...

not been like this on other sites!

pshinn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    I don't have anything to say about Mavericks. I think Mossberg makes a great shotgun. I must say that I am impressed with how fast you got out of there. It takes me longer than that at the Anderson Dunhams...

I could not get out that fast when I did an FFL transfer for my Sig P6 in Dec 2009 but hey Walmart has this stuff together at this store

Manager even said 1st3-4 gun purchases last month took over 1 hour to process but I am like purchaser #20 so I guess they have learned, adapted and overcome atrocity!!
    :ingo:

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I know you don't wanna hear comments on the Mav's, but I've bought 4: son has one, daughter has one, I've got a shorty for H.D., and one w/ a rifled barrel for deer. By far the best buy in shotguns out there, IMHO. Made in USA by mossberg, I've got one that's 13 yrs ols, seen tremendous use, just gets better. Never a problem from any of them. I'm sure they suck [because they're inexpensive], but still waiting around to find out why.

Hotwired

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011

Ill second that, you would think a sporting goods store would have people that worked kind of fast. Getting someone to come to the gun counter there, they act like its the worst chore. Hope the Anderson Wally world starts selling rifles again.

Top Bottom