• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Who can tell me the max size that is legal for a pistol? I got a guy at work that keeps telling me that my 17 round glock mag is illegal. Hope he isn't right as the only mags I have seen for my glock is 17&33 rounds. The 33 might be hard to CC.:)

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    If it was illegal they would have not sold the XDm here in 9mm as it holds 19.

There is no capacity limits in Indiana. In Cali there is though. But we ain't there.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You're legal in this state. No mag capacity restriction.

Your coworker is a donut.

Waterfowl hunters are restricted to 3 shells loaded, but that's not what you're talking about, I know.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    This is a FREE state, not stupid legal 10 rounds limit here.
    33 rounds is no problem, you can also get 100 rounds beta mags for your AR if you want.

In Indiana, sky is the limit. :)

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I thought he was wrong glad I'm not the only one.

I think he is mixing up the weapons band from 1996.

And yes my co worker is a idiot this is just another topic.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I thought he was wrong glad I'm not the only one.

I think he is mixing up the weapons band from 1996.

And yes my co worker is a idiot this is just another topic.

If you are carrying, and even just owning, a gun you should know about the law, you should KNOW that your co-worker is wrong, not just think that he's probably wrong.

:twocents:

INGO is a good place to learn, but you should know all the state carry laws, self defense laws and other general firearm related laws, not to forget federal laws.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Besides that, it's not a mag...it's a clip....ha... there!!!! High capacity clips are illegal....everybody know that!

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    Actually, your friend is correct, or at least he was up until July 1, 2011. I see by your profile that you are from Fort Wayne and in Fort Wayne there was a restriction that limited the maximum handgun magazine capacity that you could buy and carry. However, on July 1, 2011 indiana passes a law that "pre-empt all political subdivisions from enacting or enforcing regulations pertaining to firearms" which basically means that no city can enact their own gun laws and they must follow the states gun laws and in Indiana, as others have said, there is no capacity restrictions.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I am in fort wayne

I would love to know the in and out of all the gun laws but as they are not in a easy to read format. And from what I can find not in one location but pretty sure someone has made a master list so if someone has a link to something like that it would be great.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    If you are carrying, and even just owning, a gun you should know about the law, you should KNOW that your co-worker is wrong, not just think that he's probably wrong.

:twocents:

INGO is a good place to learn, but you should know all the state carry laws, self defense laws and other general firearm related laws, not to forget federal laws.
    this is true true true and yes there is alot on this sight that can educate one who thought they knew alot:ingo:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Actually, your friend is correct, or at least he was up until July 1, 2011. I see by your profile that you are from Fort Wayne and in Fort Wayne there was a restriction that limited the maximum handgun magazine capacity that you could buy and carry. However, on July 1, 2011 indiana passes a law that "pre-empt all political subdivisions from enacting or enforcing regulations pertaining to firearms" which basically means that no city can enact their own gun laws and they must follow the states gun laws and in Indiana, as others have said, there is no capacity restrictions.
    :n00b: I have been buying and carrying mags with well more than ten rounds in Fort Wayne since 2001. I do not know where you heard this, but we have never had a restriction in Fort Wayne. I know South Bend had some silly local ordinance, but not Ft. Wayne?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    :n00b: I have been buying and carrying mags with well more than ten rounds in Fort Wayne since 2001. I do not know where you heard this, but we have never had a restriction in Fort Wayne. I know South Bend had some silly local ordinance, but not Ft. Wayne?

I think Kirk mentioned in another thread that the local ordinance in South Bend ended in 1994.
    Yet another INGO menber wanted to order a "high cap mag" shipped to South Bend and the company said they couldn't send it there because of their local laws.

jdg0724

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Plainfield
    He's wrong. There are many people who are misinformed on the rules and regulations. This site is a great place to get clarification on things. There are a lot of knowledgeable people who know the rules and regulations that post on this forum. Like the old saying goes, you cant always believe everything you here.

Top Bottom