• ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yep. See post #141

For reference:
    It’s all about the appearances. “Angry Trump supporter viciously attacks person excercising their free speech.”

I'm actually calling to mind a slightly different dynamic that's being reported in the MSM. There seems to be "more" (totally not clear if it is actually more, or just more widely reported now) of white people calling 911 to report black/non-white people for innocuous things.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yep, Diamond and Silk have been called pretty much that by one on INGO.

Yep....That was not expected either..."minstrels" IIRC....

Dgrh_ywU8AAmQkt.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pretty much.

I've always thought that assuming that a person should think a certain way based upon their race or ethnicity was pretty racist.

I'd agree, if that's all there was to it.
    Guys like Ben Carson, Herman Cain, Richard Steel, Colin Powell, Mia Love and others less well known black Republicans/Conservatives aren't "minstrely." Once can disagree with them, but they represent themselves well. Diamond and Silk, are caricatures, stereotypes given over to self-deprecation for the humor of other. They sell goblets reminiscent of those carried by famous pimps. They appear in videos drinking a variety of colorful drinks, looking like "Kool aid." They engage in the Black church tradition of "call and response," with their constant "mmm-hmmm" and that's right." Hell, they even released a rap song "Trump is 'Yo' President."

[video=youtube;fMayNWZJ1KU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMayNWZJ1KU[/video]

But anyways, they might not be Uncle Toms, but they certainly shared the cabin.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I think Diamond and Silk are very entertaining, no matter their political views. Their testimony at the congressional hearings on the Youtube censorship thing was a hoot, when the Dems tried to put words in their mouths. Can I get an Amen!!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    They engage in the Black church tradition of "call and response," with their constant "mmm-hmmm" and that's right."

Uncle Tom - A good and pious man, Uncle Tom is the protagonist of Uncle Tom’s Cabin. Even under the worst conditions, Uncle Tom always prays to God and finds a way to keep his faith. As the novel progresses, the cruel treatment that Tom suffers at the hands of Simon Legree threatens his belief in God, but Tom withstands his doubts and dies the death of a Christian martyr.

Uncle Tom never abandoned God and never sold out...I'd be honored to be in his cabin...As a side note I worked with some ladies back in the 80's that would "call and response" when they were telling me "how it really is"....I always liked it...It had a cadence to it and yes they both attended the same church...

I knew a mother and daughter that would do the same thing, 96 yr old mother and 80 years old for the daughter...I would spend an hour on my debit insurance route hanging out with them because they never gave me bad advice...The mother told me stories about her great Uncle being born a slave in Russellville Kentucky and was a lad when the James Gang robbed the bank...As they were leaving they dropped a flour sack full of loot..Her uncle picked it up and one of the robbers, she said it was Jesse because of the cotton eyes he had, rode up to her uncle and said, "I dropped that on my way out boy and I need it..." She said her uncle handed him the sack of loot and the outlaw reached in it, grabbed a wad of bills and stuffed them in her uncle's shirt saying, "Don't let any white folk know you got that and tell them you didn't see nothing..."

She said the money was used to buy their first farm in Russellville...The daughter was one of the first black female graduates of UofK (Maybe EKU) and taught at the black school in Jeffersonville until segregation ended in the mid 60's....Segregation was not just a "southern" thing.....

s-l300.jpg
    2014-0400-38R.jpg

the-robbery-of-southern-deposit-bank-in-russellville-kentucky-of-12000-BTKJDR.jpg

0065.jpg

Thanks Kut...I haven't thought about those ladies in years...It would be 90 degrees in that house and I never saw the Mom break a sweat in three years....

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I'd agree, if that's all there was to it.
    Guys like Ben Carson, Herman Cain, Richard Steel, Colin Powell, Mia Love and others less well known black Republicans/Conservatives aren't "minstrely." Once can disagree with them, but they represent themselves well. Diamond and Silk, are caricatures, stereotypes given over to self-deprecation for the humor of other. They sell goblets reminiscent of those carried by famous pimps. They appear in videos drinking a variety of colorful drinks, looking like "Kool aid." They engage in the Black church tradition of "call and response," with their constant "mmm-hmmm" and that's right." Hell, they even released a rap song "Trump is 'Yo' President.

Everyone you mentioned?

According to these they are all "uncle tom"

Ben Carson Is A 21st Century Uncle Tom ? Affinity Magazine

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...4/gIQAO1dGyL_blog.html?utm_term=.0f256a066317

Unearthed: Young Obama took racial swipe at Colin Powell

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...as-white-privilege-calls-tim-scott-tom-scott/

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/black-republican-michael-steele_us_56c0a72ce4b0b40245c70a62

Top Bottom