• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    How do you know if it has 3 ports? Are they marked, different models or do you have to inspect them?

You have to check them by taking off the gas adjustment plug. Some of them have 2 and some 1 (just depends on what kind of night Ivan had). Less than three isn't a deal breaker, it just means it will need to be drilled for one or two more. Guys that get into reduced power springs, different gas pucks and different adjustment plugs are trying to compensate for a lack of ports. It's just better and the gun is "right" to have three from the factory at the outset.

Mine has ran bulk pack from the day I bought it. Everything is factory on it except the conversion parts. Nothing has been done to the gas system.

Those are awesome weapons and in the end I may have to have one myself :D

Much easier reloads those Saigas have lol can't wait for the scores.

It would be worth taking an M&P purchase break to buy one, especially now that you've landed the FDE:D

Reloading them takes some practice, but once you've got it you can fly through it. OK, this is another thing with my Saiga- guys say you can't load Saiga mags on a closed bolt. I have, since day one, with any mag up to 10-12 rounds. Some dudes put magwells on them and polish the bolts etc. No need, the really do load like any other AK, you just push harder.

DOH! That's what I should have done- run two stick mags instead of a drum! The last time Ben ran the Saiga I had two stick mags on it. Let's just say Ben's attempt was a failure of epic proportions.:laugh:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    :rockwoot:

My only saving grace was coming in 1st on the sidematch. Plus I didn't shoot in CDP yesterday :dunno:

TJ you were smokin! Mudcat jr finally cleaned house again with the top time for pistols.

BTW I won't be at church today, we have a sick little boy that gets to go to the doctor. Nothing serious just a sinus infection or something like that.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    For your amusement- Over All Results

Greg Jr SSP 89.91
    Brad Eadens ESP 90.33
    Donald Fisher ESP 93.95
    Scott Hurt SSP 96.24
    T.J. Milam ESP 105.49
    Chuck Zehner SSP 113.04
    Tim Lachetta SSP 115.39
    4x4 Basden CDP 121.68
    Steve Owens SSP 124.94
    Jim Dempsey SSP 128.96

Our squad is well represented in that list. We also had 2 class/division wins:rockwoot:Congrats to Jr to getting back in the groove and to Donald Fisher for smokin me and Scott!:laugh:

Hope Colt recovers quickly my friend (and isn't too fussy in the meantime)

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I sincerely appreciate all the concern for my well being, it is touching...honestly. and I have a generous supply of Angry Birds bandages thank you very much! :D lol

I'm burnt to a crisp but had a fantastic time. I hated to bail and not help tear down the shotgun match but I was pretty well spent by the end of the day. Next time I'm hanging in with you guys 'till the end!

Hope Colt is on the mend soon!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I sincerely appreciate all the concern for my well being, it is touching...honestly. and I have a generous supply of Angry Birds bandages thank you very much! :D lol

I'm burnt to a crisp but had a fantastic time. I hated to bail and not help tear down the shotgun match but I was pretty well spent by the end of the day. Next time I'm hanging in with you guys 'till the end!

Hope Colt is on the mend soon!

I'm calling a procedural here. You didn't stay to tear down the shotgun course because your massive wound prevented you. It's alright man, we understand:laugh:

I am wondering how you got cut? Did you knee some brass or a rock or something? It just looked like a bunch of mud there to me.:dunno:

Most importantly, you did demonstrate to us all why we don't move with a finger in the trigger guard. Good recovery and I'm glad you didn't bury your muzzle in the mud:yesway:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    LOL yes, I completely forgot how my massive injury caused me to pack it in early...must have been all that blood loss causing me to be all loopy...how could I forget an injury that severe! Heck, I've got a foot long scrape down the side of my right forearm that I have no idea how I got either! I must have scraped it down the side of the house and there had to be rocks or brass in the mud... It certainly surprised me! lol

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    And this was on a "terrible day".

Life is just not fair.

Eadens is a beast. A few months ago Jr and I were squadded together and all through the match we thought we were battling for first and second. The scores came out and we found we was actually battling for 2nd and 3rd. We both ran flat out, but Brad beat us by over 20 points. Later on he told me that he was surprised at his finish because he had 2 mikes and a dropped mag penalty. :laugh:

Very few people can run Limited Minor in USPSA and consistently be in the top 3 of the field. Brad can.

Jdirt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    :rockwoot:

My only saving grace was coming in 1st on the sidematch. Plus I didn't shoot in CDP yesterday :dunno:

TJ you were smokin! Mudcat jr finally cleaned house again with the top time for pistols.

BTW I won't be at church today, we have a sick little boy that gets to go to the doctor. Nothing serious just a sinus infection or something like that.

How's Colt doing? Nothing worse than a sick young'un. Hope everything is good!

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    LOL yes, I completely forgot how my massive injury caused me to pack it in early...must have been all that blood loss causing me to be all loopy...how could I forget an injury that severe! Heck, I've got a foot long scrape down the side of my right forearm that I have no idea how I got either! I must have scraped it down the side of the house and there had to be rocks or brass in the mud... It certainly surprised me! lol

He was in a hurry to get home, so he could choose between the Batman or Cars 2 first aid supplies awaiting him. He also knew and relish the incredible amount of sympathy he'd be getting for his injuries at home. :D

Top Bottom