• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D ReedSniper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Hello everyone. Last Tuesday, I gave a presentation in my Science class at IUK in which I tested microwave powers. Also, to break the ice and to calm my nerves, I opened with a video in which I shot a microwave 5 times with my Mosin-Nagant, and the microwave was running with a paint can in it. Then I continued on with the presentation.

At the end of it, I had another video in which I blew the microwave up. I began playing the video then my teacher told me to stop it, right before I lit the firework. After class, my fellow students came up to me and said that they thought the teacher was being a b**ch and wanted to see my video.

Now, the Associate Dean at IUK wants to meet and discuss my presentation. I have gut feeling that I already she wants to grill me, and probably try to kick me out of the Education program. As far as I know, everything I did was perfectly Legal, although, not really pertaining to my science experiment. Any advice or helpful tips on how to handle this? :dunno:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Second thing would be to ask yourself what would be the ramifications of getting dropped from the Education program. As you say, from what you posted I certainly can't see any legal problems for you; but that doesn't mean the Dean can't still make the whole program miserable for you, if they want to. Oh, don't let it rattle you if the Dean has a campus police officer with them when you enter. They may try to intimidate you into doing something that would allow them to kick you out.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    you made a very crude pipe bomb. when you blew it up.

shooting it was legal, not wise to show in the uber-liberal IU. Cover your behind and record everything.

D ReedSniper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    you made a very crude pipe bomb. when you blew it up.

shooting it was legal, not wise to show in the uber-liberal IU. Cover your behind and record everything.

Well, I don't see how it is a pipe bomb.. But the teacher did not see the explosion. And I did NOT give her the powerpoint data afterwards. I'm thinking it's because of the shooting.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Remain Calm, Cool, and Collected. And as Rockhopper said keep your voice recorder going from the time you step in the door till after you leave. Whether you let the dean know you are recording is up to you, it's perfectly legal for you to record the conversation, even if they don't give consent.

Who know's maybe the dean is a gun nut and wants to talk to you about your Mosin!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    How can it be construed as a bomb? I opened the microwave door, lit the firework, threw it in, shut the door, and got away.

Playing devil's advocate, in today's world when a child gets kicked out of school for drawing a picture of a pistol, a child gets kicked out of school for giving an ailing friend a Mydol,... can you see where this is going?

While nothing you did might be wrong, when you push the envelope in a politically correct world, it might snap back.

You seem to have your head on straight, so when you go into that meeting, stay calm, keep to the facts, and do not say anything without thinking it through first. The idea of a recording is good so that if they twist what you say, you have proof of it.

Good luck.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    How can it be construed as a bomb? I opened the microwave door, lit the firework, threw it in, shut the door, and got away.

as others have posted, you made a pipe bomb..
    and you used the device in a manor that was not allowed by the consumer license. Unless you hold a permit for demolitions.. don't use explosives to blow stuff up..

D ReedSniper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Remain Calm, Cool, and Collected. And as Rockhopper said keep your voice recorder going from the time you step in the door till after you leave. Whether you let the dean know you are recording is up to you, it's perfectly legal for you to record the conversation, even if they don't give consent.

Who know's maybe the dean is a gun nut and wants to talk to you about your Mosin!

Yes, I am taking Rockhoppers advice and recording it.

I don't she is going to be a gun nut. I will attempt to expect the unexpected and will keep you guys posted on the results!!

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    First thing, have your phone recording before you go into the meeting, and keep it on the whole time. You may need that recording later.

Agreed. I would also view every one of these videos prior to meeting with the Dean and the presumed to be included Campus Fife

Never talk to the police even if you are innocent

Flex Your Rights

Also remember two things, cops and most likely the Dean will be very put off at the fact that you will not be a witness against yourself and they will badger you into believing you don't know your rights and/or doing something illegal by not cooperating with them.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    What age children are you planning to teach? Would your presentation have been suitable for the classroom? I suspect that will be the main focus of the conversation.

Top Bottom