• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Was at my family's turkey day today. In talking with my older female liberal cousin who is constantly going at it with me on FB, I discovered that all of her anti-ness is out of fear and ignorance. After a long conversation, she isnt quite as anti as she has been in the past.

She admitted that she doesnt understand them and is literally AFRAID of them because her brother "shot her in the eye" with a bb gun some 45-50 years ago. Or in the cheek an inch below the eye, depending on who you ask. In fact when I left, I started the argument of "where". She and the shooter were still arguing the semantics of what constitutes the eye. LOL

I did so by reminding her that anytime she wanted to learn, I'd take her to the range and teach her. She was excited to learn and get over her fear.

Score one for us!

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    A couple years ago I overheard one of my family members, who has no guns in his household, tell another member of the family that .22 was the BEST self defense round because “it bounces around when it goes inside their body”. :facepalm:

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    A couple years ago I overheard one of my family members, who has no guns in his household, tell another member of the family that .22 was the BEST self defense round because “it bounces around when it goes inside their body”. :facepalm:
    I bet he got that bit of info from the media since I continue to hear it on the news and from some libs!

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

I just heard this one yesterday. It's like the porky pig Christmas song. Once a year, when you least expect it...:rockwoot:

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    I learned that from My Blue Heaven:
    [video=youtube_share;KZQSo5VCJic]http://youtu.be/KZQSo5VCJic[/video]

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    This summer I took my 82 yo father to the range for the first time. He had never fired a gun and had turned down many offers to go before. He enjoyed himself but did say one time was enough. However, he admitted he learned a great deal, understood how one can really enjoy shooting, and came around on many gun related issues.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

You hear that gem in gun shops fairly often as well. Sometimes stated as "bounces around like a rat in a cage" in the more hillbilly shops. You'd have to wonder why the bullet doesn't show those characteristics in small game when it fails to exit, but that's less fun.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This summer I took my 82 yo father to the range for the first time. He had never fired a gun and had turned down many offers to go before. He enjoyed himself but did say one time was enough. However, he admitted he learned a great deal, understood how one can really enjoy shooting, and came around on many gun related issues.

It is hard to believe your dad is that old! Of course, I have a hard time believing that I am as old as I am now as well. It is good to hear that not only is he moving our way but that you apparently had a good father/son time as well.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    You hear that gem in gun shops fairly often as well. Sometimes stated as "bounces around like a rat in a cage" in the more hillbilly shops. You'd have to wonder why the bullet doesn't show those characteristics in small game when it fails to exit, but that's less fun.

Yeah, well that's because they used hollow points. You have to read the label. It says small game right on it...

Top Bottom