• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Yesterday evening my wife and I went to Walmart in Hammond to get a shaving brush and check for .22 and ZQ1. No no shaving brush, .22 no ZQ1. My wife had a couple of other things to pick up and I sat at the exit and waited for her. We left the store together, it is dark and quite cold, unlike years gone by she quickly outpaced me, as I hobbled along behind.

As I an walking I notice a young man to my left. It is cold but he is sort of ambling, not making a bee line for the door. His trajectory is not right, he ia angling to where he would hit the wall between the two entrances. This line brings him behind me. My spidey sense is tingling because he looks like a shark to my slightly wounded shad.

My hand goes into my pocket and I get a purchase on my backup. (my coat is over my primary) I turn my head and he is hesitating but kind of loitering behind me. Now he is closing slightly, I keep turning my head and am about to transfer my backup to my coat pocket. As I turn my head one last time he turns and walks in the opposite direction. I think he decided I was not as soht a target as he originally thought.

Now I could have been wrong about his intentions. I don't know, maybe he could have been waiting for someone, but he looked sketchy to me.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    :yesway:

Probably nothing but you never know.

edit: oh yeah you should have definately opened fire. (I shouldn't need the purple)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You could've baited him down the machete-aisle.

Seriously, maintaining SA will deter a lot of baddies. The guy could've been just wandering about trying to remember the third thing his wife told him to pick up. He could've been waiting for you to go out to your car alone while checking your Facebook/e-mail/traffic app/gas buddy/etc on your iPhone 6.

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    For those of you suggesting open fire would have been appropriate, as obviously shooting the potential attacker was not yet justified, I'm assuming that you are recommending the Joe Biden approved and recommended philosphy of firing 2 shots into the air. It seems to me that since Biden recommends this, it may even be required by law (as long as you're carrying a shotgun...).

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    For those of you suggesting open fire would have been appropriate, as obviously shooting the potential attacker was not yet justified, I'm assuming that you are recommending the Joe Biden approved and recommended philosphy of firing 2 shots into the air. It seems to me that since Biden recommends this, it may even be required by law (as long as you're carrying a shotgun...).

Glad you didn't put that in purple!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It was cold. I didn't see any beside him that was not hurrying either to their car or to the door.

BTW Did I leave out that as soon as I got to the car I popped the trunk, grabbed my coach gun and fired into the air. All them poor folks will have to contact their insurance agents about the "hail" damage.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    It was cold. I didn't see any beside him that was not hurrying either to their car or to the door.

BTW Did I leave out that as soon as I got to the car I popped the trunk, grabbed my coach gun and fired into the air. All them poor folks will have to contact their insurance agents about the "hail" damage.

Now you did it! Look for this thread to be used against you in any future lawsuits.

"Mr Blue Falcon did you in fact on Feb. 13th type in an online gun forum that you were looking for trouble. Then upon spotting an innocent misguided youth proceed to subject him to profiling. Resulting in damage to private property." The prosecution rests.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    ... So there I was at Walmart trying to remember what my girlfriend wanted me to pickup, couldn't remember where I left my phone. It was so cold that this big dude was blocking the wind for me so I followed him.....

Wait... I need a new thread for that, right? Lol

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That little tingle on the back of your neck is there for a reason. Trust it.
    Everyday logic tries to talk your subconscious out of what it knows. (Nah, can't possible be!) Until it is.
    Your antenna went up and so did his.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Roundhouse kick! Why do you gun cuddlers always think gun first?
    Roundhouse first, ask questions later, if you don't like the answers, THEN go with a mag dump.....geez!!!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Roundhouse first, ask questions later, if you don't like the answers, THEN go with a mag dump.....geez!!!

Have you seen me walk. I suppose not, otherwise you would know that a round house is out of the question. I do still have a lot of muscle memory so I suppose that when the adrenaline kicks in I'll notice the pain less but would not look forward to the after math.

I work hard every day and pay for it every night.

Slider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Brownsburg

i agree. Roundhouse kick, followed by a few tactical rolls. Then the mag dump while yelling incoherently about a missing wallet and cheeseburgers. Then walk calmly to your car and enjoy the rest of your night.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    i agree. Roundhouse kick, followed by a few tactical rolls. Then the mag dump while yelling incoherently about a missing wallet and cheeseburgers. Then walk calmly to your car and enjoy the rest of your night.
    Wouldn't this situation warrant running over said bad guy as you're leaving, just a little reminder of who he screwed with as he's bleeding out?

Top Bottom