• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Unfortunately, it won't matter once the state legislature passes theirs. He can't veto theirs and Daniels will sign it into law. Good on Ballard for this one, tho.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This makes no sense to me. Many high profile restaurants and bars have gone no-smoking on their own. Slippery noodle being a recent one.

WTF does the state know what's best for the business owner?

More authoritarians getting their jollies.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    This makes no sense to me. Many high profile restaurants and bars have gone no-smoking on their own. Slippery noodle being a recent one.

It doesn't, nor does it purport to. It is masterful at bowing to the sentiment of faction, however.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

More authoritarians getting their jollies.

It's for the [STRIKE]illegal aliens working in the kitchen[/STRIKE] children.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    It's for the [STRIKE]illegal aliens working in the kitchen[/STRIKE] children.

Can you further clarify your statement. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Why did you strike through kitchen workers? They would be least likely to be exposed to tobacco smoke. None the less, the carcinogens released from standing over a grill all night dwarf that of a server. Chefs are well aware of this fact.

Olive Drab

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Indy
    I quit smoking 13 years ago and hate the smell of smoke when I'm eating. With that said, I can choose to go to a restaurant that is non smoking or has a non smoking section. If I go to a restaurant that is smoke filled I can choose to leave or stay and deal with it. I don't need government to protect me from cigarette smoke.

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    I cannot understand for the life of me why it is the government's business to tell any restaurant/bar owner how to run their business. I thought the point of capitalism was to let the market decide what businesses are succesful.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I cannot understand for the life of me why it is the government's business to tell any restaurant/bar owner how to run their business. I thought the point of capitalism was to let the market decide what businesses are succesful.

It is. Ours is not a capitalist society.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Me thinks we're under the guise of capitolism.
    The government nosey-bodys make everything their business.
    Thomas Jefferson is rolling in his grave.
    God Bless and help the USA. Protect us from our government and those that pretend to help us "for the good of all".

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Those who are so concerned about the rights of the business/property owner, what are your views on the "being able to take your gun on another person's property if they employ you" law?

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Can you further clarify your statement. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Why did you strike through kitchen workers? They would be least likely to be exposed to tobacco smoke. None the less, the carcinogens released from standing over a grill all night dwarf that of a server. Chefs are well aware of this fact.

You have a right to decide where you go. If there is smoke in a place and you don't like it you are free to leave. Laws are unnecessary and an intrusion on property rights.

Those who are so concerned about the rights of the business/property owner, what are your views on the "being able to take your gun on another person's property if they employ you" law?

This was a horrible law offensive to the rights of property owners. Absolutely consistent.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis

On my property, home and business, I decide who carries.

I caught lots of venom on here for stating such prior to the legislation that was passed to the contrary.

Top Bottom