• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I'm annoyed they called it before anyone hit the floor but it was clear McGregor was gassed. He had nothing left. Still went 9 rounds but I feel a KO would have settled it better. McGregor didn't have the power or stamina to stand and bang.

I would give good money to see them go toe to toe in the octagon lol. Wouldn't make it past the first round. Mayweather does.to much dancing.for that lol

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm annoyed they called it before anyone hit the floor but it was clear McGregor was gassed. He had nothing left. Still went 9 rounds but I feel a KO would have settled it better. McGregor didn't have the power or stamina to stand and bang.

I would give good money to see them go toe to toe in the octagon lol. Wouldn't make it past the first round. Mayweather does.to much dancing.for that lol

That's exactly why I wouldn't pay good money. Mayweather would last maybe half a round.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Not a fight fan so just a casual observance; I just read a headline that said that Mayweather "decimated" McGregor, I wouldn't say a 10th round tko is "decimating"! Sounds like people got their moneys worth for the most part.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not a fight fan so just a casual observance; I just read a headline that said that Mayweather "decimated" McGregor, I wouldn't say a 10th round tko is "decimating"! Sounds like people got their moneys worth for the most part.

A trained boxer is the last man/woman to be taking on in their arena. Just way to steep a hill to climb. They train for 10 rounds. They are solid in the skills required.
    MMA fighters are no one to tangle with either but they are not set up for the long haul against a boxer.

Turn this around and I believe McGregor would have laid smoke on Mayweather in about 1 minute of the 1st or at least had him on the mat. 2 totally different disciplines.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I watched the fight, and as someone who has boxed a fair bit and dabbled in mma, Mayweather in no way decimated McGregor. McGregor won at least four of the first five rounds and I could've seen giving him one or two more. McGregor basically got too tired to defend himself, the cardio and conditioning for boxing and MMA are actually quite different and he was much more active than Mayweather in the first rounds.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    First time in an sanctioned boxing match and he goes to the 10th round with a 49-0 champion.

Imagine what he would do the second time... :)

And I imagine from here on out, he's gonna be a terror in the octagon as he has just learned a VERY valuable lesson about training

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I watched the fight, and as someone who has boxed a fair bit and dabbled in mma, Mayweather in no way decimated McGregor. McGregor won at least four of the first five rounds and I could've seen giving him one or two more. McGregor basically got too tired to defend himself, the cardio and conditioning for boxing and MMA are actually quite different and he was much more active than Mayweather in the first rounds.

Mayweather, says that was the plan the whole time. Most of the time I think boxers are full of crap, postman-fight, but at 50-0, I believe that was their actual plan. Finish him late.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Mayweather, says that was the plan the whole time. Most of the time I think boxers are full of crap, postman-fight, but at 50-0, I believe that was their actual plan. Finish him late.
    cce22dfb74072299d2ce4b443095f887.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Yeah, that's what everybody wanted to see, Haggler v Hearns -rd one (watch it on youtube-it's legendary), but Mayweather knew, as did McGregor (I'm sure) that Conor's best chance to win diminished the further the fight went. Mayweather would've made a serious tactical blunder trying to go at Conor early on.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Yeah, that's what everybody wanted to see, Haggler v Hearns -rd one (watch it on youtube-it's legendary), but Mayweather knew, as did McGregor (I'm sure) that Conor's best chance to win diminished the further the fight went. Mayweather would've made a serious tactical blunder trying to go at Conor early on.

Once again, you and I agree !!!!!

Top Bottom