• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which MCFG Presidential Candidate do you plan on voting for on December 2nd?

• Total voters

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hi Club Members,
    It's been my pleasure serving as club President again this year, but all good things must come to an end. I'll be stepping off the Board after the next meeting, and someone else is going to have the opportunity to be President for 2015. For the first time in a long time, we have 2 candidates vying for the same position (President) and we plan to have an election on Tuesday night. The two candidates are:

1) Chris Pope: Chris has served as our Safety Coordinator for the past several years, and has done an excellent job in that capacity. He handles rules questions, Safety Concern Forms, and countless emails from members/prospective members. Chris also is one of the folks that performs Safety Training on our range that counts towards our Approved Training classes.

2) Russ Combs: Russ was the club President several years ago. He participates in Bull's Eye competition, air gun, and is an expert marksman.

I offer up this information, not to lobby for either candidate, but just to let folks know that there is an election if they would like to participate. I think we're very lucky that we have 2 good candidates for this position, and either way I'm confident we'll have a good Board for 2015. We've done our best to simplify the process of running the organization (getting an accountant, specifying job duties) to make easier for our volunteers to run the club moving forward, while still maintaining the high level of customer service we've strived for over the past few years.

Thank you for your membership at MCFG; your membership dues allow us to continue to improve the club. We strive to be the best club in Indiana, and that's not possible without many members pulling in the same direction. Thank you for a successful 2014, and please come out and vote on Tuesday, December 2nd if you are interested. For those interested, I attached an unofficial poll. While it is not a substitute for the actual voting that will be performed on December 2nd, I thought it might give us an idea of how many folks may attend, so that we can have the proper number of ballots ready.
    Sincerely,
    Chuck

Last edited:
    Top Bottom