• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    What's up with MCFG today? I tried to check the website before I left, but the server is down. Then, I get there and find a range closed sign. I thought the berm work was finished last month? That's the second time in about a month I traveled up to the range and found it closed on a normally open day, but I did not check before leaving last time. I've got this week off and was hoping to spend a bunch of that time out at MCFG and am really hoping that they are not shut down for another week.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks for the info. I just saw the same on the Facebook page. That really does suck for me in that I had hoped to do at least 3 trips out there this week. A couple of those were to be early trips, but maybe I can work in an evening trip out.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Yeah. It is becoming a hassle but these repairs will last for a long time to come and were much needed. I feel your frustration though. As I understand it from the report we got at Friday Night Steel was that we ended up getting more dirt than at first thought needed. I'm sure the rain has slowed things down as well. I keep telling myself how great and safe the range will be once it is all finished.

zenbruno

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that once the berm work is done for that day, MCFG is open after 5-5:30 for the last couple hours of daylight. I keep telling myself that I'll head out there in the evening, but the prospect of fighting 5pm traffic across town always seems to dissuade me.

But yeah, these berm improvements should really be an investment in the future and safe operation of the range. My secret hope is that, in addition to the north bay (I believe it is), a couple permanent steel plates will go up along the 50 and 100 yd berms out on the main range. Heck, I would even make a contribution toward a "main range steel fund," if that would help. :)

But MCFG is an awesome facility that's only getting better! And just about all of that credit goes to folks who volunteer their time, energy and talents to make it so. So thanks!!!

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I feel your pain, the only time I can hit any range is during the work day. I've mad 3 trips myself and been shut down at the gate. I can't make it any night after say 4pm with 3 kids all involved in activities, nor on the weekends with the same.

Not the happiest about this, I understand the repairs are needed and will help improve the place, but I'm also paying for something I can't use. I will survive however.

Top Bottom