Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    How did they make those poppers stay still on the concrete?

How many mikes into the black?

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    How did they make those poppers stay still on the concrete?

How many mikes into the black?

they chalk outlined all the steel and classifier

3 mikes in the black (two just right of A, one low left...felt it, just didn't make it up). 4th one was the first stage after the poppers top target moving in....since you can't see it from the camera, I'm going to guess I didn't see it while I was moving.

"Draw into target" on classifier had all 3 mikes...I'm going out on the limb and saying that I was staring at the target

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    they chalk outlined all the steel and classifier

3 mikes in the black (two just right of A, one low left...felt it, just didn't make it up). 4th one was the first stage after the poppers top target moving in....since you can't see it from the camera, I'm going to guess I didn't see it while I was moving.

"Draw into target" on classifier had all 3 mikes...I'm going out on the limb and saying that I was staring at the target

Well, at least you are getting some trigger time.
    That's more than I can say.
    I think the SS/Prod match will be my third or fourth for the year.
    It should be sufficiently ugly to make you feel better.:D

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Well, at least you are getting some trigger time.
    That's more than I can say.
    I think the SS/Prod match will be my third or fourth for the year.
    It should be sufficiently ugly to make you feel better.:D

It is fun, but you shoot 2 squads of 20. By the time you finish its 10:30pm. The floors are slicker than snot. They are planning to move this to another indoor venue in the near future for safety reasons. I've seen some people bust their asses. There is a substantial amount of hard cover and no shoots.

It is obvious that the spring in the 9 was an issue. She ran flawlessly after we figured out my 'smithin' error. I'm getting an outdoor match in Sunday, but that may be the last time I shoot before SS/prod match.

I'm working out a deal with my night shift guy. I may be able to shoot the 4/20 match. I'll definitely be working on seeing the sights and a good grip this weekend.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It is fun, but you shoot 2 squads of 20. By the time you finish its 10:30pm. The floors are slicker than snot. They are planning to move this to another indoor venue in the near future for safety reasons. I've seen some people bust their asses. There is a substantial amount of hard cover and no shoots.

Take a wet paper towel and wash the bottoms of your shoes before you start. It will help even if the floor is dirty and dusty.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Take a wet paper towel and wash the bottoms of your shoes before you start. It will help even if the floor is dirty and dusty.

I did the old basketball method of licking your hand and rubbing the sole of the shoe.

Needless to say, there are several new shooters at these events. Safety is sometimes an issue as well. I was really scared by a few of the shooters, but the MISS did a pretty good job of warning them before they did something. It's like you know they are getting ready to break the 180. Finger discipline is a real issue there

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    You sure,he worked on it:):

Lol. This!

No I'm not selling. The issues were mine from putting the darn spring cup in backwards. It had a firs generation striker that needed replaced anyway. I just sped up the process when I launched 1/2 of it across the apartment, never to be seen again. First generation strikers had a two piece cup. I have a backup now :)

Top Bottom