• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    Yeah - that was the other reasoning for picking up another shotgun. I don't expect to need a back up for the class, but just incase. I'll probably be carrying a CZ 75 for my handgun.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Yeah - that was the other reasoning for picking up another shotgun. I don't expect to need a back up for the class, but just incase. I'll probably be carrying a CZ 75 for my handgun.

I will be bringing my extra 590 so if someone has an issue they are free to use it.

I do have a question for VUPDblue and others who may know here. How will this class stack up against a Louis Awerbuck class? I have been told by several people that Awerbuck is the best in the business is why I ask.

Thanks

Last edited:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I will be bringing my extra 590 so if someone has an issue they are free to use it.

I do have a question for VUPDblue and others who may know here. How will this class stack up against a Louis Awerbuck class? I have been told by several people that Awerbuck is the best in the business is why I ask.

Thanks

I am not sure how this will stack up against an Awerbuck class. The classes I've been to with Louis were more about using the shotgun as a fighting tool. They included using the shotgun in a defensive role but the class was more broad than just that. This class is listed as "Defensive Shotgun" so I would presume that the curriculum is geared more towards understanding the limits of the platform, choosing the right load for your circumstances and using the platform proficiently as a defensive tool. I hope Tom or Trek chime-in with more information regarding the curriculum.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Since Sweetums brought up gear, here is my rig...just for grins :D

IMG_5154.jpg

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I'm not a big "vest" guy. I tried to set up a plate carrier for shotgunning purposes but I couldn't get used to it. I favor the "war belt" setup. It's got plenty of real estate for the few things I need to carry with me (med kit, pistol, mags, dump bag, spare shells, light) and closely mimics my patrol belt setup as far as location of pistol and mags.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I'm not a big "vest" guy. I tried to set up a plate carrier for shotgunning purposes but I couldn't get used to it. I favor the "war belt" setup. It's got plenty of real estate for the few things I need to carry with me (med kit, pistol, mags, dump bag, spare shells, light) and closely mimics my patrol belt setup as far as location of pistol and mags.

What are those the shell holders you have on there? Are they the California customs or something like that? I have an Eagle chest rig I like but vests feel to bulky for me as well. I may buy a belt instead of doing up a new rig.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Yep, California Competition Works. They are GREAT and I highly recommend them. The 4-round model works for me because I can easily strip all 4 rounds with one hand. The six round model obviously adds capacity but I prefer to grab the whole stack and know I'm getting 4. They have a newer model out now with what they call a UM84 clip that mounts to MOLLE webbing. I'm going to order a couple of those as the ones I have only have the flat steel belt clip and that doesn't work too well on my belt setup.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    It's an ATS War Belt. It also requires an inner belt which you can buy from ATS or anywhere else you choose. The belt I went with to support the ATS is a simple Blackhawk duty belt (inner belt).

Tom Fineis

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Cleveland, OH
    Hey guys,

Dont get too wrapped up on gear. Bring what you have, we'll make it work. Most shotguns are used as bedroom guns and you will fight with what's on board.

We will cover set up, usage, manipulations (loading, malfs, etc). All techniques will come from a defensive approach.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    Question for the Instructors...

I am curious as to the "mechanics" of the class. Any going prone, rolling around in gravel/mud, etc?

The reason I ask, is that I'm thinking of using a 1911 that I inherited from my father when he passed away in January. It was a carry gun for him, and I carry it on occasion as well, but that said, I'm not interested in rolling around in gravel with that particular handgun if I don't have to, either. :) If we are going to be in a situation to beat up a handgun, then that is cool too, but I'll just plan on shooting my CZ-75 instead. On a similar note, how many handgun rounds do we need to have on our person while we're at the firing line?

Thanks!

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I'm still a firm maybe for the class. Will be able to say 100% yes or no in the next few weeks. I just picked up 4 California Copetition shell caddies to:(

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    Got another question... :D

Could someone bring along some of those fancy INgunowners.com stickers along (and perhaps some other INGO swag) to the class for us to buy? I'm all the way down by Louisville, so it's not convenient enough for me to get to the 1500 to buy those things. :)

Any MDFI swag that will be there too? :D

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    Oh, and my brand spankin' new Hawk 982 was picked up today. :D

I received my ATS war belt and some of it's attachments last week (Thanks to SEAL Team 6 and SKD Tactical). I've got all my buck shot. I picked up a sling at Tactical Shotgunner this past weekend. I need just a few more rounds of rifled slugs, and about 300 more rounds of birdshot to buy. It looks like about 600 rounds of 12 gauge bird shot, dumped in loosely, should mostly fill up a 5 gallon bucket. :D

Top Bottom