• TFin04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    Cleveland
    "You suck, it's not the gun."

Thoughts

This class was developed by Steve and I after working together at a local indoor range. After seeing countless shooters, from all backgrounds and levels of experience, have issues with the very basics of shooting a pistol accurately, we decided to brainstorm ideas for an accuracy based class. I can't count how many times shooters would ask for tools to adjust their sights, or compensate because their gun "doesn't shoot right" or complain that XYZ gun wasn't as accurate as ABC gun. We would always ask to shoot the gun before making any adjustments, center punch their target, and return it to them with a "you suck, it's not the gun" response.

This class was about putting rounds exactly where you wanted them. We found very quickly the amount of hype and BS people had been trying to self teach themselves, or the techniques that people claim affect accuracy, but in reality have zero effect on where their bullets are going. This class incorporated real world techniques to fix these issues and every shooter improved over the day. Students shot from 3-20 yards and everywhere in between.

Experience and background in this class varied from every day civilians, to civvy's with a long list of training classes, to some very good local competitive shooters, to active police officers. Once again, we are seeing a disconnect in these classes for people who really need them. There is NO shortage of newbies with NO experience signing up for the cool guy defensive carbine and shotgun classes wanting to go fast and look awesome, but the guys who sign up for these diagnostic type classes are typically repeat students who understand the fundamentals need practicing. That is purely a mindset issue. The problem is people aren't getting their true value in training by pushing themselves too hard, then having to scale back trying to play catch up.

Pics

I own all rights to all images. If you wish to use any images, please contact me at tfineis@gmail.com to work out details. Images uploaded are not of printable quality. Please email for arrangements if you wish to print anything you see here. Thanks!

3981761571_d6defb0f6d.jpg

3981756807_e054d38618.jpg

3982522546_060325be84.jpg

3981759097_eca162f153.jpg

3981758247_dd50242f57.jpg

3981756125_a7eb81d85e.jpg

3982521848_d1239e2a38.jpg

3981757543_1cbd97e551.jpg

3982515792_7218e65103.jpg

Partner load drills.
    3982512480_7ef5bf07a3.jpg

This was the very first string of shots for the day:
    3981748955_5040ce2ace.jpg

And the last:
    3981750091_235baba818.jpg

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I want/need to take this class in a major way! not that I can't hit a target but I know I'm not doing everything right and can admit I want the help, now if I could just work out getting up to Michigan.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    Well duuuh..... didnt you know thats all you need

Yes same COf slighty modified due to bad weather but same.

I dont see on the pie chart were it says shoot groups holding the gun at 5 yards upside down in the wrong hand on 1 foot using the social finger. to press the trigger...while having a horrible grip on the gun amazing how 2 things make it all work trigger and sights just unreal i tell you

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    I want/need to take this class in a major way! not that I can't hit a target but I know I'm not doing everything right and can admit I want the help, now if I could just work out getting up to Michigan.

Or get us there:draw:

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    guys we love these results

and many want to either come take it or dont want to travel to do so many here have offered to host us but havent put it together.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    esrice? mettle?...hello? or maybe we'll have an INGO field trip.

Yeah I know, I should be more proactive in setting this up. I know WHERE we could host it. ;)

I can also put Steve up in my hotel for his stay, so we've got that covered.

How many people do you think we could put on the range? Two stages of 6?

I wonder how many people we could get to sign up and make it worth Steve's trip?

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Yeah I know, I should be more proactive in setting this up. I know WHERE we could host it. ;)

I can also put Steve up in my hotel for his stay, so we've got that covered.

How many people do you think we could put on the range? Two stages of 6?

I wonder how many people we could get to sign up and make it worth Steve's trip?

well we have at least three between us. would you be more proactive if I threw in beans as a motivator?:D

Last edited:

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    I dont see on the pie chart were it says shoot groups holding the gun at 5 yards upside down in the wrong hand on 1 foot using the social finger. to press the trigger...while having a horrible grip on the gun amazing how 2 things make it all work trigger and sights just unreal i tell you

Trigger and sights.
    The very reason why, if I were to win the lottery this week and could take every course in the world, I would go around and take the Intro/Basic/Level 1 course at each school.

Do those things correctly everytime, and we have it made. Any other "more advanced" course is just doing those two things with more stuff going on.

Of course, saying it here, and doing it, are different things.

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    I would really like to take this course , if it were offered in Indiana....!!!!! Depending on the date. I work a weird schedule.....

Last edited:

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

How do the sights stay aligned and on target?

How does the shooter ensure a trigger press straight to the rear?

Top Bottom