• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Parabellum has one on the rental wall so I'll go play. I need to go anyway with some new ammo to figure out if its my barrel or ammo causing accuracy issues with my G19 anyway. (10" groups at 10yds using WWB 115gr, even supported. G42 holding 4" groups at same distance and Im historically less accurate with that)

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Dedicating a Glock frame to the gun seems to be the way to go. Complete frames are everywhere,.....there's a guy on FALfiles who often has them cheap. Bought my first G22 frame from him a couple of years ago for $140,.......just bought another a couple of weeks ago for $125 delivered. No difference between the G22 and G17.

Might want to look into the Kel Tec Sub2000. I purchased a 9mm version several years ago that can swap between S&W5900 and Beretta mags(and maybe SIG too)because I'm a S&W guy, but the Glock mag versions are most common. That was $395 off of GB. I 'accidentally' bought a Glock .40 version last week but haven't picked it up yet. Who knew that the opening bid of $325 w/free shipping was going to hold up? I didn't. $325 off your thousand dollar budget sure leaves a lot extra for ammo.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. I was >THIS< close to doing the same. I saw a GB auction with a buy it now for $85. Just as I finished calculating the shipping and transfer fees in my head I thought "Hey, where's the trigger in that photo?" Then I noticed it was a stripped frame. Nope!:):

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    OK, I gave up and followed Nippr's advice. Just ordered a blem lower for 199. Couldnt pass it up.

Now my luck it will take 6 mos to find a complete flattop upper. LOL

Thanks to all for the advice. I love INGO!

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    OK, I gave up and followed Nippr's advice. Just ordered a blem lower for 199. Couldnt pass it up.

Now my luck it will take 6 mos to find a complete flattop upper. LOL

Thanks to all for the advice. I love INGO!

Cool! That's a great price on the lower, plus free shipping. When I was putting mine together, the uppers seemed be in stock more often than the lowers. Just be quick to order when you get the email alert. ;)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Picked up my Lower from USDS this afternoon. Just saw the upper marked "shipped" on the status update. No tracking info, unlike the lower. Hope they add that tomorrow. I literally have everything but the upper.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hmm, I have a vision. I think it's, hmm...

...yes, it's lots and lots and lots of 9mm brass on the ground. :)

WRONG!

779085.jpg

:):

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Went to a buddy's backyard range today. He helped me dial it in. Once we had the red dot zeroed it was smooth. LOVE it!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    USPSA requires PCC to be on safe when loaded (at least the 2 times I shot PCC), is it the same for IDPA? The Glock doesn't have a safety so is it allowed in IDPA?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    USPSA requires PCC to be on safe when loaded (at least the 2 times I shot PCC), is it the same for IDPA? The Glock doesn't have a safety so is it allowed in IDPA?

Glock would say yes, as it DOES have a safety; its integrated into the trigger. As long as the spring is not damaged and it returns to the locked position at rest, it is safe per the design.

But I could be wrong, dont quote me. I'm just following the same logic that is used for regular pistol rules.

Top Bottom