• ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Police: Man planned to trade assault gun for heroin

BRIDGEPORT -- A city man has been charged with trying to sell or trade a semi-automatic handgun for heroin.
    After a call from a confidential informant, police were dispatched shortly before 11 p.m. Monday to the T-Market, 1482 Reservoir Ave., and found Victor Crespo, 37, of Platt Street, in a white van. An Intratec DC9 handgun and 9mm Lugar ammunition was allegedly found inside the vehicle.
    The Intratec model is among 19 handguns named in a 1994 federal assault weapons ban.
    The informant described Crespo, his van and their location, telling police the suspect had approached him at the store and offered to sell "an Uzi-type" weapon for $750, according to a police report.
    Crespo was arrested without incident and charged with carrying a pistol without a permit, having weapons in a motor vehicle and possession of an assault weapon, police said.
    He allegedly told police that he had agreed to meet a man later that night in a hallway of the Greene Homes housing project to trade the gun for heroin.
    His wife, Judy Crespo, 38, was charged with interfering with an officer because she ignored orders and tried to flee when officers approached the van, police said.
    intratec_dc9.jpg

Have you seen this assault gun?

WabashMX5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Brownsburg
    It's also "among 19 handguns named in a 1994 federal assault weapons ban" — y'know, the one that expired six years ago. <facepalm>

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Never trust a gun that looks mean, it will assault you the first chance it gets. I vote for a ban it worked so well before.

.30 Cal Al

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Hi

Those things have a reputation of being unable to get four rounds off in one sitting, and you have to pretty much disassemble the thing to clear the resulting malfunction. They're so unreliable that a friend of mine called 'em, "Breakfast Guns."

Butta
    Butta
    JAM!

If it were up to me, I'd issue one to anyone dumb enough to want one! There'd be more school shootings, but fewer people would be hurt.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    The Intratec model is among 19 handguns named in a 1994 federal assault weapons ban.
    Umm, just stirring the pot? Why even mention a law that doesn't even exist anymore?
    Crespo was arrested without incident and charged with carrying a pistol without a permit, having weapons in a motor vehicle and possession of an assault weapon, police said.
    So this is a crime now? I'm pretty sure it has to be FA to fill the shoes of "assault weapon".
    Definitions A genuine assault weapon, as opposed to a legal definition, is a hand-held, selective fire weapon, which means it's capable of firing in either an automatic or a semiautomatic mode depending on the position of a selector switch. These kinds of weapons are heavily regulated by the National Firearms Act of 1934 and are further regulated in some states. (See machine guns.)
    Another example of amerikas fine media doing a bang up job.

Top Bottom