• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    As with anything, make sure you get the basics down pat FIRST, then seek additional training. Just like shooting, make sure that good foundation of fundamentals is in place. That will ensure you get the most out of any advanced training you take. We offer the American Heart Association's First Aid Course. I could also do a more advanced course if the interest was there.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I would check with Wells Co EMS and Adams Co EMS and see if they have any EMT classes coming up. Going into the winter months it tends to be when services do these types of classes. You never know you might enjoy the training and job so much you end up as a Paramedic. Pretty sure that is the way it happened to me 20 some years ago. Believe me there are worse jobs out there.

I'm actually considering something like this. I didn't realize the costs were so reasonable.

jamin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Bluffton
    I went ahead and looked into the possibility of training through Wells County EMS. They have a class that starts up in January for EMT. I am strongly considering taking the course. Esrice, out of curiosity, what did you find the cost to be when you researched the idea? Cost for me is $800 for the course and $50 for CPR requirements.

Top Bottom