• Status
    Not open for further replies.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I was told that guns in general and openly carried ones in particular would immediately cause widespread panic and killing sprees. That must have happened after I left. Now I'm confused. There must have been no five year old girls there.

There were a couple little girls there, but they were still in diapers. Think of the children!!!!!! CowGirl brought her 8 year old son. He is a well behaved young man. Did not see him try to snatch any guns. :dunno: Even the gun fondling was kept to a minimum and basically involved the admiration of a beautiful set of custom grips on a 1911.

You just had to keep an eye on GoingGreyFast because is the one that wants to rub/fondle everything.:laugh:

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I am thankful to our hosts, and to Vert for setting this up. :yesway: It was very well attended..so well in fact, that I was a little concerned about the fact that I decided to attend at the last minute. But there seemed to be room for all.
    I met some folks I had hoped to meet, and enjoyed talking to those I had seen before. I'm glad I didn't miss it!!

And...now there's a great place to take the family in Nashville. :)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    As long as I have been a member here, this was my first INGO meet-and-greet. I did not get out and circulate amongst the crowd like esrice, goinggreyfast and some of the other social butterflies did, but it was a pleasure to meet (or get reintroduced to) everyone who dropped by the table.

The restaurant was a great choice; it was a very comfortable atmosphere, and the food was in-dirty-word-credible. A ton of pulled pork on top of nachos, smothered with cheese, BBQ sauce and jalapenos? Heaven! :drool:

Thanks to VERT and everyone else who had a hand in putting this event together. :ingo:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    First, a big hats off to VERT and Relatively Ninja for coming up with this fantastic idea! I think a combination of the cold weather, the good food, the good people, and the centralized location made for one of the most-attended meet & greets in INGO history! I didn't get a head count, but we packed the entire restaurant ourselves!

I also want to thank Tim and Jeff for being such gracious hosts. Big Woods is a fine establishment and I look forward to patronizing it again when I'm in town visiting lovemywoods. Those pulled pork nachos were awesome!

I also want to thank the many INGOers who took time out of their busy lives to get together for some great conversation. I put so many faces to long-known screen names. I continue to be convinced that INGOers are some of the best people on the planet.

I am very much looking forward to the next one! :ingo:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I'd very well suggest having our next meet at this location again...maybe within the next three months maybe?

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    There were a couple little girls there, but they were still in diapers. Think of the children!!!!!! CowGirl brought her 8 year old son. He is a well behaved young man. Did not see him try to snatch any guns. :dunno: Even the gun fondling was kept to a minimum and basically involved the admiration of a beautiful set of custom grips on a 1911.

You just had to keep an eye on GoingGreyFast because is the one that wants to rub/fondle everything.:laugh:

Thanks Vert for the compliment. He asked how many were INGO members, and I told him all of them, and he said wow! He also asked about some things he saw. Was a great expeience for him. Maybe next time there could be a few more kids. I think it is great to teach them this stuff now.

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Thanks to Vert and the owners of Big Woods for everything!!!
    We had a really good time. Great food and some excellent beers.We will definitely eat there again. My wife and I had a chance to meet a few new people and really enjoyed ourselves. Hope to meet even more of you next time. Thanks again everyone!!!

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I had a great time last night. As always, there were a bunch of people I didn't meet, so I guess we'll need to do it again.

Thanks for putting this together, Vert. Job well done.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    SockMonkey and I had a great time. I got to see some people from the previous one we attended, and meet some people I'd been waiting a while to meet.

Big thanks to Vert for the set up and to Big Woods for the location.

I also agree that we should make this a regular gathering.

We were talking to the waitress as they kicked us out (gotta close sometime!) and she said they'd been turning people away 2 1/2 hours before we got there so we could have the place.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County

That's what Mrs GGF keeps telling me. :n00b:

Again, it was such a great time. I REALLY hope next time the Mrs can come with me. She sends her greetings to all who attended though. I also enjoyed sharing INGO with that table next to us. It would be interesting to see how many of them end up being members.

Oh yeah...I KNOW there were more pictures taken than what has been posted. Come on folks! Don't be holding out on us!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    What did you guys think of the pizza and calzones? I couldn't get past the pulled pork nachos to try any.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    What did you guys think of the pizza and calzones? I couldn't get past the pulled pork nachos to try any.

I had an Italian Sausage/Pepperoni/Onion/Green Pepper Calzone. It was pretty darn good too. The ingredients were certainly fresh. Having been raised on this kind of food--the marinara was just a bit sweet for my taste, but certainly good. I plan on taking Mrs GGF there sometime for dinner.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    The pizza was really good. Crust was very tasty.

And if you like beer, the Busted Knuckle ale was very tasty. :yesway:

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    One of, if not THE best calzones I've had anywhere. Mine was Italian sausage, pepperoni, jalapeno, and roasted red pepper, FWIW. I'm pretty certain I've found my new favorite wheat beer, also.

ZS84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Columbus
    Had a great time and was glad that I was able to put faces to screen names that I see on here. The food was great and the company was even better. :ingo:

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    Good time. It was nice to meet Titanium Frost, but he needs to come out of his shell. Way too shy. Good to see GGF and Relitively Ninja again. Good to talk with USP and SirRealism. Met Hammerhead and the Mrs. Good time all around.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It was nice to put faces to a few more members!

My wife & baby had a good time, too. La bambina must've had a good time, she slept all. night.long. What a welcome event that is at our house.

And yours truly was even mistaken for Fenway. :laugh:

I won't name names or anything *cough cough VERT cough cough*, but I replied that Mike is much better looking than I am. :D

-J-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom