• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    So who are the "true conservatives" in the repub primary now? The 1 or 2 that I see are the most hated and bashed by the repubs and tgeir establishment. Us conservatives who refused to vote McCain were blamed for the fall of the republic after the last election. News flash, a McCain presidency would look almost exactly like the Obama presidency. How many of those bashing us for not voting for McCain will refuse to vote for Paul if he wins the nomination?

Oh so you must have a crystal ball, right? Get some Windex and wipe the clouds off, I think your crystal ball needs a better antenna. A McCain presidency would be a lot different than an Obama presidency.

We can spend the rest of the day in a pissing match over that one. Fact of the matter is I voted for McCain because I recognized Obama for the dismal failure that he has ended up being, early on. The worse part about this administration is how he handed working with the 111th congress, also known as the worst congress ever. This 112th isn't much better either.

So if you didn't vote for McCain, then who did you vote for? Here's a clue: You voted for Obama if you didn't vote for McCain. Directly or indirectly, you helped Obama win. Just own up to it.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Please don't repeat the same tired BS you hear from the talking heads. If you total ALL the votes for EVERYONE other than Obama, they still don't equal his vote total. In other words, he still wins so quit blaming the third party voters.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    And by what the republican party considers electable, none of the founding fathers would be electable today. If Ron Paul is unelectable, then we as a country deserve everything coming to us. We are getting the government the people are asking for.

Whatever. Ron Paul is not the savior or Messiah. We have one of those already. How's it working out for us?

It will be interesting to see who is still around by the time the Indiana primary gets here. I plan to keep an eye on all of them and hope that there is still someone I want to vote for when I get the chance.

Indiana is irrelevent in the selection process. The die will be cast before they get here.

Oh so you must have a crystal ball, right? Get some Windex and wipe the clouds off, I think your crystal ball needs a better antenna. A McCain presidency would be a lot different than an Obama presidency.

We can spend the rest of the day in a pissing match over that one. Fact of the matter is I voted for McCain because I recognized Obama for the dismal failure that he has ended up being, early on. The worse part about this administration is how he handed working with the 111th congress, also known as the worst congress ever. This 112th isn't much better either.

So if you didn't vote for McCain, then who did you vote for? Here's a clue: You voted for Obama if you didn't vote for McCain. Directly or indirectly, you helped Obama win. Just own up to it.

If nothing else McCain would have treated the office and position of President with respect and honor. Symbolism means a lot, and Obama has failed to uphold the traditions of the office. He's been hyper-partisan and just like every other job he's had he stopped working about 60 days in so he could start working on the next job - although I don't know what his next job might be. He's not demonstrated he qualified or competent to do anything. Maybe he'll hand nails to Jimmy Carter.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

I didn't leave the repub party. They left me. The fact of the matter is that the only time they are conservative is when they are in the minority. Once back in the majority, it's back to a spending free for all.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Meet the real Herman Cain

All achieved before reaching the age of 35. Since he reached the top of the information systems world, he changed careers!

Having reached the top of a second industry, he changed careers again!

So! He can't keep a job! Eh? ;)

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    Maybe he'll hand nails to Jimmy Carter.

That's some funny stuff!

But, Seriously I read this thread to gain more incite on Cain. And yet again it turns into a bash RP thread.
    Semper: I guess you don't like RP as in every political post you weigh in with that. I'm cool with that.
    Guess one should stop reading political posts or at least don't read past the first page.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    That's some funny stuff!

But, Seriously I read this thread to gain more incite on Cain. And yet again it turns into a bash RP thread.
    Semper: I guess you don't like RP as in every political post you weigh in with that. I'm cool with that.
    Guess one should stop reading political posts or at least don't read past the first page.

Sure, I suppose Prom's insults were just jovial banter.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    And by what the republican party considers electable, none of the founding fathers would be electable today. If Ron Paul is unelectable, then we as a country deserve everything coming to us. We are getting the government the people are asking for.

Obama proved that ANYONE is "electable". That doesn't mean they are qualified.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Big difference between volunteering to take a bullet or IED for **** pay and collecting six figures with platinum plated bennies for the job with the least amount of actual responsibility in the world. To even compare the 2 is probably one the stupidest things I've read in a long, long time.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Let me see if I can make myself more clear.

I belong to the ABO party. Here at ABO we don't care if Hillary Clinton gets the republican nomination, we'll vote for her as long as she is running against the incumbent, President Obama. So yes, if Ron Paul gets the nomination and chooses Cain as a VP...I will vote for him. If Ron Paul gets the nomination and chooses Curtis Painter to be his VP, I'm voting for him.

If they nominate a Apple IIe to run against Obama, I'm voting for the 8 bit computer.

I agree. But in the meantime we need to work for the most conservative candidate possible and hold them to the fire when they get the nomination. I am of the same opinion as Mark Levin was saying not long ago: I'll vote for a dead can of tuna before I would vote for Obama. But until then I am going to try to find the most conservative candidate out there.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Big difference between volunteering to take a bullet or IED for **** pay and collecting six figures with platinum plated bennies for the job with the least amount of actual responsibility in the world. To even compare the 2 is probably one the stupidest things I've read in a long, long time.

I didn't say they were the same.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Originally Posted by CSORuger
    Meet the real Herman Cain

All achieved before reaching the age of 35. Since he reached the top of the information systems world, he changed careers!

Having reached the top of a second industry, he changed careers again!

So! He can't keep a job! Eh? ;)

This guy obviously lacks discipline and focus!

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Ugh.. I'm so tired of the "most conservative" candidate... Do people even agree on what that means now days? Are we talking about economically conservative? Fiscally conservative? Socially conservative?

I want a candidate that will do the bare minimum needed to keep this country running smoothly. Is that conservative? Also, I want the candidate to stay out of my religion, bedroom and doctors office. Is that possible? Seems like all the "conservative" people also want the gov to regulate away.. which is it?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Top Bottom