code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Looks like Greta is headed to MSNBC

**** it, I'm also leaving Fox for MSNBC

I liked Greta. She's pretty well balanced. As left as MSNBC is, she'll move it at least a little towards the center.

Greta is a small loss

She had a good following on FOX but I think ratings haven't suffered much.

Hannity and O'Reilly can't carry all the Fox water. It spells trouble when Greta and Megyn both leave.

Greta's been gone for long enough to see that there's not a high impact. Kelly's lost will be a significant impact. Not all FOX watchers are Trumpers. But I doubt FOX watchers will stop watching and I doubt anyone will move to other, more progressive networks.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yes, yes, yes. I was just getting ready to post about getting rid of that supposed "hard news" anchor, ****ing Shepherd Smith. He's about like watching Josh Ernest in the WH press room. Just cannot leave it on, not even in the background.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I remember in school days watching the first gulf war with my dad on tv with wolf blitzer and Greta. They both sucked back then And still do

Youngin'.

Maybe shepherd smith will go too.

*fingers crossed*

That's kinda different. That's supposed to be hard news. As long as Smith stays away from opinion, I don't mind him. And I certainly don't want FOX to turn into Breitbart.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Youngin'.

That's kinda different. That's supposed to be hard news. As long as Smith stays away from opinion, I don't mind him. And I certainly don't want FOX to turn into Breitbart.

"Hard news"? Shepard? Mr "cry in the streets of New Orleans" Shepard? Today it was whining about how McCain had no audience with trump and he had to go public to tell trump to stop talking about intelligence

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "Hard news"? Shepard? Mr "cry in the streets of New Orleans" Shepard? Today it was whining about how McCain had no audience with trump and he had to go public to tell trump to stop talking about intelligence

Admittedly I don't watch FOX in the daytime. The times I've seen him reporting were genuine "breaking news" type events. But even so, is it not news that if Trump is indeed running his mouth off about intelligence, maybe it's legitimate for someone who has experience to say something? So, is it true Trump has been running his mouth about intelligence, or is McCain being a drama queen? I haven't heard anything about it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think when the intelligence community says something, we can take it to the bank...

[video=youtube;QwiUVUJmGjs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwiUVUJmGjs[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I remember in school days watching the first gulf war with my dad on tv with wolf blitzer and Greta. They both sucked back then And still do

I watched the first Gulf War in HS school, as my pop was deployed there from Ft Rucker. Bernard Shaw and Wolf Blitzer - CNN was excellent at providing information to worried military families. I think that event earned them their stripes that let them endue for so long.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I watched the first Gulf War in HS school, as my pop was deployed there from Ft Rucker. Bernard Shaw and Wolf Blitzer - CNN was excellent at providing information to worried military families. I think that event earned them their stripes that let them endue for so long.
    Youngin'

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Too bad David Rivers aka Geraldo can't go with Kelly

I don't have any problem with those whose job it is to take the other side, as is Geraldo's. Folks like Juan Williams, Julie Roginsky , and Jessica Tarlov are paid to represent the opposing arguement. That is where the 'fair and balanced mantra is derived.

The difficulty comes in where those who are billed, or have been billed, as hard news reporters inflict their opinion rather than objective fact. Hence the many complaints about Megyn and Shepard.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

and they later admitted they knew about and denied the existence of Iraqi rape and torture rooms. Their reason was to not upset the regime to the point they'd lose their embedded reporters.

So yeah, they had cameras in places that made it neat to watch a war, especially if you had family there, but let's not claim they are anything more than ratings whores. They lied and allowed rape rooms to continue to help their ratings.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't have any problem with those whose job it is to take the other side, as is Geraldo's. Folks like Juan Williams, Julie Roginsky , and Jessica Tarlov are paid to represent the opposing arguement. That is where the 'fair and balanced mantra is derived.

The difficulty comes in where those who are billed, or have been billed, as hard news reporters inflict their opinion rather than objective fact. Hence the many complaints about Megyn and Shepard.

Megan's show isn't hard news. It's not any more hard news than Hannity's show. Hannity's show takes a conservative, pro-trump bias. That's fine. It's a political opinion show. Kelly also gets to inject her political opinions on her show. She gets to say Santa is white and Jesus is white. That's clearly opinion.

Smith, now that's different. He's the anchor of what FOX bills as a hard news show. If he wants credibility he needs to report the news, not his opinions. As I've said, I don't watch Fox News during the day. I haven't seen him much. Maybe you've seen him report with a biased opinion. The few times I've seen him deliver the news, I haven't. If you have a specific video that shows he's injecting his opinions in his reporting, I'd be happy to look at it.

Top Bottom