"Meh." I'm Not That Impressed by the Knife or Brand That You Think is Awesome.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have to wonder how many of the "Mehs" in this thread are from people that have never even own, carried or used the brand that they don't like. Looking at pictures and jumping on the "brand hater" bandwagon is easy........or is it that people "Meh" certain brands because of the price? :dunno:

I said before my "Meh" list was mostly sarcastic. I actually really really like my Spydercos and Benchmades and I've never owned a ZT but look forward to it. Which reminds me I need to get back with you on the 0620.

My Strider Meh is based on my experience with the fixed blades I own and have owned. Non of them are really 100% what I'm looking for in an EDC knife. I got the PR because I thought it would be kind of a heavier duty version of my Spyderco Street Beat which it is, but at the same time its just leaves something lacking. Yeah I could hammer it into a tree and use it as a step in a ladder but skinning an animal for food with it would be a pita. Also no Strider knife I have had has a very sharp point. I like a needle sharp point, I don't know why but its a personal preference. It makes tip work so much easier.

My ESEE Meh is based solely on looks. With the exception of the Izula and Hoffman CM6 version of the ESEE 6. Those two I like.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I said before my "Meh" list was mostly sarcastic. I actually really really like my Spydercos and Benchmades and I've never owned a ZT but look forward to it. Which reminds me I need to get back with you on the 0620.

My Strider Meh is based on my experience with the fixed blades I own and have owned. Non of them are really 100% what I'm looking for in an EDC knife. I got the PR because I thought it would be kind of a heavier duty version of my Spyderco Street Beat which it is, but at the same time its just leaves something lacking. Yeah I could hammer it into a tree and use it as a step in a ladder but skinning an animal for food with it would be a pita. Also no Strider knife I have had has a very sharp point. I like a needle sharp point, I don't know why but its a personal preference. It makes tip work so much easier.

My ESEE Meh is based solely on looks. With the exception of the Izula and Hoffman CM6 version of the ESEE 6. Those two I like.

Fair enough....btw, I have ZT 620 and 620CF models in stock. :)

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Correct!

So, the ZT0630 . . . got any?

And, does the blade have the same asymmetrical grind that some Emerson's have?

The ZT0630 hasn't been released yet, so I don't know a lot about it except for what ZT is saying on their website. From the pictures, the blade looks similar to the Emerson CQC 8 blade.....standard V grind, not the asymmetrical "chisel grind" that you see on some Emerson knives.

http://zt.kaiusaltd.com/knives/knife/zt0630

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The ZT0630 hasn't been released yet, so I don't know a lot about it except for what ZT is saying on their website. From the pictures, the blade looks similar to the Emerson CQC 8 blade.....standard V grind, not the asymmetrical "chisel grind" that you see on some Emerson knives.

http://zt.kaiusaltd.com/knives/knife/zt0630

I've sharpened at least one CQC 8 and fondled another recently. My addled memory told me the blade grind wasn't symmetrical, thus my question. It's sucks to get old.

Keep going, people...

I think I'm going to be "knife shopping" kind of soon... :D

Co-dependence is not a pretty thing.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I will forever be grateful to SOG knives.
    I did a favor for a friend and he gave me an SOG Twitch II.
    I carried it for a while and it made me want a serious and real knife.
    After shopping around I picked up a Benchmade McHenry & Williams form Brad at one of the 1500 shows.
    Thank you SOG.

Top Bottom