• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If there is a courtroom in the State Capitol and Indiana Government Center, then they would be off limits anyway, wouldn't they?

Possibly. The question is if a different building that is connected by a tunnel is still considered part of the same building. If we want to go by that standard, any building connected to the city sewer system or water line would arguably be "the same building", and I don't think the courts will be willing to go there.

The issue arose, however, because the "no guns" rule at the IGC and Capitol was put in place years before the new law was even conceived, let alone written or voted or signed.

That portion of the law really needs to go, as do the other prohibitory laws that violate the two Constitutions to which they are subject.

Blessings,
    Bill

Skyhawk

NRA Life Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Richmond Indiana
    I'm new to INGO but maybe those members in Greenfield, IN may want to contact the City Councilman and offer to come to the City Council Meeting and protect him from whoever it is he thinks it necessary to wear a flak jacket. I'm an old retired municipal police officer. The only dangerous guns I encountered in 20 years of service were in the hands of criminals. I'm a Life Member of the National Rifle Association and am now employed by the County. I still carry, I still qualify with my department as a retired officer. I pray I never again have to draw my weapon. Let me restate that, I pray I never again am confronted with a situation where I have to draw my weapon. Send Councilman Carwein to ride with some of the very fine officers of the Greenfield PD. You may find a convert.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I'm new to INGO but maybe those members in Greenfield, IN may want to contact the City Councilman and offer to come to the City Council Meeting and protect him from whoever it is he thinks it necessary to wear a flak jacket. I'm an old retired municipal police officer. The only dangerous guns I encountered in 20 years of service were in the hands of criminals. I'm a Life Member of the National Rifle Association and am now employed by the County. I still carry, I still qualify with my department as a retired officer. I pray I never again have to draw my weapon. Let me restate that, I pray I never again am confronted with a situation where I have to draw my weapon. Send Councilman Carwein to ride with some of the very fine officers of the Greenfield PD. You may find a convert.

Welcome to INGO! That is an excellent first or second post. Reps to you and please post more often! You are a voice of reason!

Top Bottom