Men's concealed carry with tucked-in shirts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I have worn a 229 at 3:30-4:00 all day in my crossbreed. I literally forgot it was there. That's a pretty good testament, I believe. That said, I don't have any experience with any of the others, so I can't really compare them.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I have a Mills Tactical (wish he was still making them) tuckable crossbreed for the Glock 19 (and used w/ 26 easily) and an alien gear (that got with the gun) for a Kahr CW380 ...

Both are tuckable and comfortable. - all day long.

I've used a Mills with an M&P 9 (compact/sub compact) before - borrowed both from a neighbor/friend ... for an event wearing wear a suit was requisite - not a soul but wife and I knew.

Good Luck.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I swear by Mitch Rosen.
    I have bought 3 of his holsters (3 different guns).

2 of them have been the "workman" model.
    Allows your shirt to be tucked in.
    Downside, they are a bit pricey.
    Upside, you order them as you want them. They make them to order. You're not just getting something off the shelf.
    Downside, you have to wait, because they have to make it for you.

(not my photo)

Today's trivia: the tuckable feature was invented by Dave Workman and first appeared on his own line of holsters: D&D Gunleather. The Mitch Rosen Workman is licensed and authorized by Mr. Workman.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Hint on the gun belts. I always used to have brown belts...then I realized that trying to tuck and 'conceal'...brown sticks out like a sore thumb. I switched to black clips and a black belt. Much more noticeable.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I wear a sports coat or jacket over it. That gives you great concealment and ease of access in any situation other than seat belted in.

THIS.

In cooler weather than this, I wear jackets to work (e.g. tweed, corduroy, cashmere), despite my colleagues all in company polos and jeans. I have better access to my gun, it's in a more comfortable OWB holster, and I look very dapper.

Hint on the gun belts. I always used to have brown belts...then I realized that trying to tuck and 'conceal'...brown sticks out like a sore thumb. I switched to black clips and a black belt. Much more noticeable.
    If you're doing this with brown shoes... :bat:

I have worn a 229 at 3:30-4:00 all day in my crossbreed. I literally forgot it was there. That's a pretty good testament, I believe. That said, I don't have any experience with any of the others, so I can't really compare them.

You must have better posture than me. Mine is killing my back right now...

What ever you do, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE! Getting access to a gun with a tuckable IWB is not easy - there's two hands involved and there's a lot to snag.

mannus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Top Bottom