• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Just don't understand why they had to shoot him with a 223,seems like overkill
    especially since he never fired a shot,and there were several officers on the scene with handguns drawn.

Police block Decatur's Third St.

I don't see what the problem was. If he was raising a gun to me I would take that as a intent to kill me. If he didnt pull the trigger, then what if the bad guy did? Then a police officer gets killed then they end up having to shoot him anyway.

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    Form the article, I don't see "over kill". I would feel much better with my rifle than my handgun because it would allow me to gain distance.

If an armed person was raising a gun at you, would you wait to fire until they did?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    not from this article but from the berne paper my mother read to me over the phone 3 city officers were on the scene before the state cop showed up with his rifle.

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    gun raised at cop....
    1 shot at man with gun...
    i BG down without others hurt....
    i think the cops showed there not all just out to kill some one know matter what the situation is.

in california they all would have shot, reloaded and shot again then beat the man all on video and the said they did only what they needed to do to subdue the man.

+1 for ISP and Adams county police

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    You guy are serious,If your father or brother was mentally ill and was talking out of his head and waving a gun around,no shots fired,you would want the police to shoot him in the chest with a high powered rifle as there first option.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You guy are serious,If your father or brother was mentally ill and was talking out of his head and waving a gun around,no shots fired,you would want the police to shoot him in the chest with a high powered rifle as there first option.

......and the second option is?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Point a gun at someone? Yes I expect that someone would shoot my dad/mom/son and understand why they did

You point a gun at me and I blow your head off....how I am supposed to know if you have mental problems and why would I care? You were pointing a gun at me.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Where in the article does it say he is mentally ill? The article said he was speaking in an "erratic manner". Could have been drunk, stoned, who knows.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Yes

Having been on the receiving end on several occasions my answer is you betcha! His first or only shot might just hit the mark. If at all possible I would never give him that chance. Sorry but if anyone is,"waving a gun around", in any way that might threaten me or others, and especially if I perceive an effort to point it, it's night night time! :rolleyes:

PS: I would have to shoot him with my pistol though as just like a Cop, a .223 is generally too heavy and awkward to carry, at least on a daily basis. (To say nothing of being a bear to conceal in my waistband).

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    Where in the article does it say he is mentally ill? The article said he was speaking in an "erratic manner". Could have been drunk, stoned, who knows.

He has lived in adams co all his life and is known to have mental problems,but never violent as far as I know,he was my neighbor when I lived there.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    Point a gun at someone? Yes I expect that someone would shoot my dad/mom/son and understand why they did

You point a gun at me and I blow your head off....how I am supposed to know if you have mental problems and why would I care? You were pointing a gun at me.

WOW glad i'm not in your family.

Top Bottom