• ...and so much more!
  • 7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    This was posted by a friend of our daughter on his Facebook page. I had the privilege of meeting him the other night. He's a new member on here (I supplied the link), I feel he's going to be a great asset to our INGO community.

Here's what he said:

Remember this Christmas when you're eating dinner,
    smiling and laughing, that in another house
    there's an empty chair, where a Hero should be sitting.

They gave up their lives, so that you could sit with your
    family. So light a candle for the Heroes that did not make
    it back, and for those who are still serving over seas.
    Recon

As I said, he's now a valued extended member of our little family, and we welcome him with open arms! He's a gentleman in every sense of the word, kind, gracious, soft spoken, and very intelligent. He's also a vet. He served in the Army during the Iraqi war, altho I'm not sure if he was in Afghanistan or not. I'll let him talk about those if he so chooses. He walked in here a stranger, and walked out a valued friend and family member. We don't make a practice of adopting people, but his worth, not only as a human being, but as a friend, is priceless!

We are able to sit at our dining room table this Christmas, enjoying not only the food and dessert, but all the perks and especially the FREEDOM that goes with it. We do so because of people like him! Dedicated to protect and preserve our Freedom, Prosperity, Dignity and all that this fine country of ours stands for. He would have given up his life for that cause, had it been required. Thank God it was not, because had it been, we'd have missed out on having the honor of knowing him, and enjoying his unique personality, as well as being able to call him "friend". He is truly a "rare find", a young man with the morals, ethics, honesty, and maturity of someone at least twice his age!

I so enjoyed his company, the conversation, the pleasure of meeting him, and the sense of "safety" that surrounds him like a aura, that I felt comfortable putting Betsy away. Before doing so he removed his own pistol and we had fun comparing the two of them. He liked Betsy because of her compactness, while still having the ability of being a personal defense weapon, and I his, even tho while holding it, my hand looked like that of a 5 year old. :) At that point our daughter, not being "into" guns herself let out a sigh (and a smile) and resigned herself to the living room, which we chatted happily away about guns. It was fun discussing firearms with someone that knowledgeable about more weapons than I could ever imagine even trying to handle or fire.

When he left, he did so with an open and standing invitation to come to our home any time he desires to, even if only to sit and "chew the fat" with us. Of all of our daughters friends that we've met, (we've met some, but only ones she thinks we won't scare the bejebers out of) I think he is the best by a long shot! (No pun intended. :))

BoR hasn't had the pleasure of meeting him yet, but that will soon be remedied. Bill is looking forward to it, and to possibly having a "range buddy" to shoot with when I can't go. I hope and pray that this will be the beginning of a long and happy friendship. I truly hope so, Recon has already won my heart, and if I ever had had a son, I would have wanted one just like him!

This isn't going to be one of my "epic" posts, I'll let him fill you in on the details regarding himself and what he believes in, and how he thinks. I'm just doing this as an "opening" WELCOME post to him, and because of how moved I was with what he wrote. I hope he returns again and again and again, and I really do feel he's what my dad used to call "a cut above the rest", when it comes to what type of man, and person he is. He's well worth the effort to get to know him, he's one fantastic person! God Bless you Recon! You certainly deserve it!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    7th Stepper

Don't worry ATM, I told him all about Appleseed too, he's looking forward to coming to one.

Last edited:

recon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Lafayette
    Thanks 7th Stepper. Hey everyone. Glad she told me about this site. Stayed up till 6 am reading and looks like there is actually an internet forum with very intelligent people. Who would have guessed it.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Thanks 7th Stepper. Hey everyone. Glad she told me about this site. Stayed up till 6 am reading and looks like there is actually an internet forum with very intelligent people. Who would have guessed it.

Hey little buddy, our daughter informed me that I must really like you, because I made a long post regarding you......:D

I don't know if she did, but if not, then I'm sure others on here will jump in and tell you that by comparison, it really WAS a short post. I'm known for my rather long ones, especially on subjects I'm passionate about. Pit Bulls being one. (Ok, ok, I'll admit it...I'm seriously long winded! Deal! :D :D :D)

I've made a few posts so long that you can start reading it in the morning, stop for lunch, read some more, then take a nap, and finally after a few more hours, finish reading the post. I give new meaning to the term "EPIC"! :D But what the heck, I only post on things I know about, and usually you can find me in the break room, causing some sort of havoc here and there.....:):.

Check out the other forums as well, like 2nd Amendment and those areas, and unless someone has already told you, you will have access to the "classifieds" either after making "50 quality posts" which really isn't hard to do, but they have to have meaning, not just "one liners" ie: "yeah, that was cool", as some have tried to do in the past. The other faster, easier way to access them are to become a Site Supporter, which is a $10. fee to Fenway (our glorious leader!) to help further enhance our site. Either way works, but you'll find guns of all sorts, as well as other things for sale there, so you might want to skip the 50 posts and go directly to being a Site Supporter.

Oh, and just as a word of advice, read the FAQ, honestly, we have one, even if nobody happens to visit there very often. It lays out the rules of practice on INGO, which is a "family friendly" site, and a lot of our members are below minimum age. No swearing, insults, bashing, name calling, etc., which knowing you like I do, and from what our daughter's told me, you're far to much of a gentleman to do any of that anyway. Being given the dreaded "BAN HAMMER" is the last thing you want to have happen. Some will try to sucker you into it (I'm not pointing fingers, just giving a little advice), so just ignore them and go on about having fun on all the other topics. I'll keep you updated, and please, feel free to ask Bill or myself if you have any questions about posting. Actually you can PM any of the "Mod Squad"...:):, they're really a great bunch of people, who're fair and honest about how they runs things here. They can help you with almost any question you have, esp if Bill or I can't.

We'll see you later on this week for supper, (no if's, and's, or but's, :)) we're really looking forward to it, and I can wait for you and Bill to meet! You're both "cut from the same cloth" as far as I can tell.

Take care dear one!
    Hugs!
    7th Stepper

Last edited:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Welcome!!!!!, and Thank you for serving our great country!!!! This is possibly the best site on the web, ask ANY question, you'll get an answer! (just don't say high capacity clip.......or Indiana carry permit....)
    :welcome:to :ingo:

Top Bottom