• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I know that the coming days will bring several threads wishing one and all a merry Christmas, happy New Year, happy Kwanzaa or festive Festivus, but I wanted to throw in a gift as well. No, I'm not giving away a brand-new Kimber or AR, as much as I would love to. You're on your own for that gift from Santa, sorry.

I thought about making a sizable donation to INGO as a Christmas present. However, I understand that the site owner has a private jet, lives in a mansion and drives a Bentley. And that the moderators all get paid six figures, as well as enjoy unlimited free ammo each year. I just couldn't add to the graft and corruption for Christmas. :lmfao:

Therefore, in the spirit of giving that signifies this joyous season, I made a contribution to the Wounded Warrior Project. We already support them monthly, but chose to give a special gift to them for Christmas. I know that not everyone would appreciate it if I gave a donation to a religious charity, so I chose WWP, as most of us do appreciate what they do for our wounded heroes. I challenge each of you to pick a charity that is important to you and make a similar donation for Christmas, even if you give regularly.

I believe in supporting the online sources that inform and entertain me daily, and INGO is one. Almost every day, I open INGO on my computer to see what people are arguing about, and to see if there's a gun-related story or issue that I need to catch up on. I came here not to avail myself of the classifieds (although I have done so since), but to learn about guns, the art of shooting, find good training, get reloading hints and tips, and to make friends with similar interests. I have accomplished all that and more. There isn't a day that I check in that I don't learn something from one of you.

Since discovering INGO, I have attended an OC cigar night, participated NFA Noob Day, found great training, started reloading, improved my shooting proficiency ... and bought and filled a large gun safe! INGO has cost me more than I can ever repay. :):

So, MERRY CHRISTMAS, INGO! I hope each and every one enjoys a safe, joy-filled season of the spirit of Christmas.

Oh, and I did make an additional donation to INGO. I was kidding about the jet and mansion stuff ...

Top Bottom