• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chemteach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Plymouth
    Merry Christmas. If you need a dose of "Cute", watch, "Christmas According to Kids" by the Southland Christian Church on YouTube.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Merry Christmas to all. May Christmas find you all Healthy, Happy and Blessed. Tis' also the time to wish you all a Joyous New Year, may the new year bless you and yours with Health and Happiness!

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Looks like the elves are getting the reindeer ready.

HI6ERFg.jpg

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas!!! Remember Christ is the reason for the season. Don't let the hustle and bustle and all of the gold and glitter obscure that fact!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    copied from facebook

48378506_2198854313478727_6046946810373603328_n.jpg

Tommy FirebaughDecember 20 at 4:36 PM

"My friend handed me a very old metal match box car today. Then he said I found this yesterday and it reminded me of a major life lesson. I held it in my hand and looked at it while he talked.
    He said, "when I was in elementary school, we did a Secret Santa in my class room at school. All the kids drew a name and then we exchanged presents the last day before Christmas break". He said, "my parents went out and bought me a nice new toy to give to the child I had drawn. My mom wrapped it up and the kid loved the present that received it." He then said, "I went and found my present from a boy in my class that I didnt really know. It looked like it had been wrapped with news paper." He said, "I opened it and it was that little car you are holding in your hand." He said, "... but when he gave it to me it was dirty and looked well played with." He said "I was mad I had given such a nice gift and he had put so little effort into his". I felt cheated. He said, but later I learned the kid lived in a very runned down shack. His mom was sick and his daddy had left them years before. He said they barely had enough money to have heat and food. He said "when I realized he had given me one of his only few toys, I felt ashamed for the way I treated him when I got the gift". He said I only learned how poor he was after he quit coming to school and it we were told his mom had died and he had been sent to foster care. I never saw him again. He said I kept this little car all these years because I know it was the best present I have ever gotten.
    I thought about this story and looked at that little car sitting in my hand and I cried. How many times in my life have I been given something from someone and not appreciated it's TRUE value. This kid had given with his heart when he had so little and it made me realize I need to always remember to never judge anything on the surface and always look deeper.
    I just wanted to put this story out there to you all in this season of giving."

Top Bottom