• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, and then it's followed up with "LOCK UP YOUR GUNS." As if the latter fixes the former.

Well, it fixes a symptom, not the solution. You and I provide the solution... teach them so they dont. For jackwagons that arent as intelligent and responsible as us, locking up is the answer. Hell, I teach, but still lock up... but not so much that I'm not uncomfortable with the speed in which I can get to it if the SHTF. Would it be great to be able to leave it on a table, shelf, etc without worrying something might happen? Sure. World peace would be awesome too. :):

I guess bottom line is everyone needs to do what they need in order to be safe. While the message in the commercial taken at face value I also am not a fan of, Its better than what Bloomy and his ilk want of "If they find them, they will play with them. So sell them to the cops at the next buyback... they are not worth the hazard in your home." (man, I feel dirty even typing that)

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Mgderf
    If it happened like that for real, people would be talking alright!

I wonder if that would violate any penal penile codes? LOL

Alright guys....quit being so anal about this

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Evolve is a "kinder, gentler, more moderate, alternative to the NRA.

Not so sure of that one. I haven't quite made up my mind yet, but I think Evolve might be a 'double agent' front group. Lately I've been seeing several moderate so called 'pro 2A' groups popping up on FB that are nothing more than troll accounts run by CGSV and MDA operatives in an effort to weasel support for UBC, idiotic gun storage laws, and criminal charges for verifiable accidents.
    I think the gun control groups are trying to employ the 'you can catch more flys with honey' strategy.

dirtdigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Bargersville, IN
    Coffee out the nose. Certainly a alternative way to convey the message.
    Maybe some computer genius on the forum can superimpose Shannon Watts head on one of the ladies!

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Humorous yeah, but I still have reservations about the message. I was born and raised in a different era, in a small town in Northern Indiana in the 1940's surrounded by small farms. In that era, almost every farmer, including many of my relatives had rifles and shotguns in open view and in reach of their children. Many of the townfolk also had firearms on gun racks in their homes and vehicles. Most were kept unloaded, but some shotguns were always loaded, often beside a door. These were used to eliminate many varmints intent on dining on the farmers chickens or other small livestock. Those that were unloaded normally had the cartridges in plain sight on a shelf or in a drawer near the firearms.

Children were a lot more educated and disciplined during that era and were often "corrected" with switches or a robust paddling on the rear for indiscretions. Seemed to work as I don't recall ANY of my friends (and certainly not me) touching any firearm without permission, nor were there any injuries in the entire community, adult or children, from firearms that I can recall.

Almost all children were taught safe firearm handling by the time they were 10 or 12, and most had BB or pellet guns long before that age. Yes we played with Cap guns, toy rifles and even toy machine guns. We played cops and robbers, and war games (WW2 ended when I was 4 years old) but were taught the difference between "toys" and BB guns (treated as firearms) and real firearms. Most of the boys (including myself) were taught to hunt with 22's and/or shotguns by the time we were 12 to 14 years old. Often hunting squirrel and rabbit alone at those ages. We were taught to always know our target, never point at anything that wasn't a target, and always treat every firearm as if it were loaded. We knew not to shoot in a direction that could hit a house, domestic animal or other object that could be harmed.

With the advent of the liberal teaching on how to raise children, much of the discipline children once had is now missing. WE KNEW what would happen if we touched a gun, and sure didn't want to try our parents! I doubt the same practices for firearm safety would work today as, even if your children were disciplined properly, a neighbors child might not be and would grab a firearm and cause injury. So guess we have to keep our guns unavailable to children. Kind of sad to me!

Top Bottom