• messenger bag

Votes: 2 25.0%
    • fanny pack

Votes: 3 37.5%
    • keep in tool bag

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • sling pack

Votes: 3 37.5%
    • ankle carry (keep in tool bag 75% of the time)

Votes: 1 12.5%
    • don't carry

• restart my life

• Total voters

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

Thee old tried and true ALICE Buttpack.

I still have all my Alice gear including the Buttpack. Oh the things you could pack in them things and they stayed together lol.
    Might look a little conspicuous walking around.. I have to be honest, I hate the Alice pack they gave us. Granted I only used them in sere school.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Agreed. No matter what I did, I couldn't keep the frame from digging into my lower back.
    That definitely was a pain in the back literally. My boy said he had a little over 150lbs at times and the MOLLE carries it well according to him. That was about what he weighed lol. So I say it is a major step forward.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    I cant carry at work, but I really dont need to on the job site. Only wear a tool belt when I have the room. I have a pack out, but some one will dig into my tool box before my personal bag or lunch box. Dont know if you take a lunch box or a snack pak with you. Maybe try that.

I off body carry daily. Using a vertx bag. With 2 little kids, pulling wipes and snacks out of the main pocket makes it look less conspicuous. Im at parks and walking around stores with it all the time.
    I go to restaurants and put it on the bench between me and my 3 year old. Or hung on the chair swung to the inside towards table.

Redlinetoys

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2016
    Northern Indiana
    Interesting thread. My concern with any kind of off body carry is ensuring you somehow have an eye on it all the time.

Personally, if I was carrying all that other stuff anyway, I’d have an LCP in my front pocket, or in a Sneaky Pete style pouch hanging right on my belt.

Top Bottom