Met very nice man at the gun store yesterday...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Thursday was my birthday, and since it was my 40th birthday, my wife gave me the ok to buy a new gun. So I walk in the store and I am looking around, and I over hear this older gentleman asking about carrying a gun in Indiana to one of the sales people behind the counter. They chatted while I looked at pistols. I struck up a conversation with him about his pistol, he told me it was a .38? and was about 50 years old, and he had no idea if it had ever been shot. There have been some issues in his neighborhood lately, and him and his wife wanted to start carrying. I asked him if he had his LTCH, to which he responded no. I filled him in on all the wise and wherefores about carrying a handgun in Indiana, and gave him all the info on how to apply, and where to go. He was very concerned about how he had carried his pistol with him, and how he would be breaking the law by carrying it. He told me he was going home immediately and was going to get the LTCH as soon as possible. We made small talk for a min or 2 more, and he was off. From my take I will guarantee this guy was off to head home to get his LTCH as fast as possible. I told him about INGO, and who we all are, he said he was going to get on the site. It really is nice to see people taking responsibility for their safety and the safety of their family. Oh and this gentleman was 82 years old.

INGunGuy

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    My father is 79 and has had his LTCH for many years. What's that saying about being too old to fight, they'll just kill you?

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Thats neat.... but what did you buy???

Sorry to bust your bubble, but I havent purchased one yet. If I can sell her on the idea, I would like to take my first dip in the Class 3 ownership and buy this sweet M-16 but it is 14K and she will probably soil herself when I ask... IT always seems like when I go to buy something, I usually end up asking her for more, I went to buy a new iPod, and I ended up with a loaded iPad. We went out looking for a new computer, and ended up with a iMac which BTW, it better than ANY PC I have ever used. Now this with a machine gun... OH well... we'll see and I will let you know what I get when I get it...

INGunGuy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    Belated happy birthday. Nice job promoting INGO. My Dad is 81 and from talking to enough senior citizens, they don't want to become victims. They read about their peers getting attacked all of the time. The gentleman you spoke with probably went through the draft and had some knowledge of firearms. You've given him some mental ammo to work with in order to protect himself. Nice work and I hope you get the next weapon you really want!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Must mean a Mac-11...Shooter521? Paging Shooter521... ;)

IGG, good for you and thanks for promoting INGO!
    A word of warning: If you think the $14K is bad for purchasing the M16 you want, don't forget you also have to feed it....

Belated :happybday: and when you tell your wife, may God have mercy on your soul, because He's about the only one who's going to be able to help you. ;) :): ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    BoR, It is funny you mention feeding a M-16, cause I have been reloading .223 ammo and buying it whenever I find a good deal on fora while to feed my other 2 AR-15's. Oh as for the 14K for the M-16, when I sat her down to tell her about the gun, the tax stamp, etc, she had this deer in a headlights look after I told her 14K. I think maybe something snapped in her brain because all she does now is say to me 14thousand??? 14thousand??? for a gun 14thousand??? LOL it is really kind of funny. Unfortunately I have to agree with her, we paid 8K on our mortgage 2 months ago, bought my fathers truck, and bought a pop-up camper, a new iMac, and had a new heat pump system installed just over a year ago at a cost of 10K. She said that I could only buy that gun after the mortgage is paid off, well after the 8K was paid, that left 32K so I asked her if I could take the 12K and pay down on the mortgage and take 2K and buy a pistol. Again, the deer in headlights look, and she said fine, the mortgage comes before as she said "Any machinegun!"

LOL

INGunGuy

Top Bottom