• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Johnson said he is willing to sacrifice “up to two” bottles of Pappy for the promotion. That, he estimates, should yield between 100 and 150 shots.
    The rest of the Pappy allotment will be served neat or on the rocks, and Meta has Pappy 12, 15 and 20 on the shelf now.

I'm sure the owner is REAL interested in hearing our opinions of how he should run his business. He didn't ruin "it", he took two bottles and used it in a marketing campaign. And look at all the publicity he is getting. Genius.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It's marketing genius. Not to mention a excellent return on your investment! A one ounce jello shot has what, maybe a 10th of a ounce of booze? 10 bucks a shot. $100 a ounce. That's got to be profitable Do you hate capitalism? :dunno:
    As for me. I'll take mine neat! At room temp. :rockwoot:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    OP, why do you get upset when government tells people they can't do something and then you publicly shame someone for doing something you disagree with? You should really try to be more libertarian.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Most people who appreciate good things hesitate to see them ruined in "marketing stunts" or other manners. Guess you and I see things differently. I also don't like to see things like a good steak overcooked or a Rembrandt rendered into paint by numbers. This is not a libertarian thing in the least. It's a matter of taste, which you may lack. It is the bars right to do with as they please, but I do not have to support them. Or like it.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Most people who appreciate good things hesitate to see them ruined in "marketing stunts" or other manners. Guess you and I see things differently. I also don't like to see things like a good steak overcooked or a Rembrandt rendered into paint by numbers. This is not a libertarian thing in the least. It's a matter of taste, which you may lack. It is the bars right to do with as they please, but I do not have to support them. Or like it.

I love my steak well done. And I really enjoy my pain by numbers. I can't do anything right :dunno:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

You're comparing a distilled liquor to an irreplaceable piece of art by a dead guy? Seems reasonable. At most 1.5 liters of stuff will get put into Jell-O shots and it bothers you. Chillax.

I'm sorry this thread turned into a discussion on liberty instead of a high-brow discussion on top-shelf liquor where we can try to impress each other with how cultured we are. No, I have no taste when it comes to bourbon/whiskey. No, I've never even heard of that bar or the brand of liquor before this thread. Nope, I have no taste for this, but I have class enough to not slam a private citizen for doing what he wants with what he bought. I assumed you could respect that notion :(

An announcement on Meta’s Facebook page justifies this prank by poking a bit of fun at the annual Pappy madness that besets the world of bourbon drinkers at this time every year. As in, there’s other stuff worth drinking that you don’t have to beg, borrow and steal to get.

“It’s a way to have a little fun with how ridiculous it’s gotten,” said Meta co-owner Jeremy Johnson, who came up with the idea. “Just because it’s expensive, it doesn’t mean it’s the best stuff on the market.

OP, you got poked.

Last edited:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I love my steak well done. And I really enjoy my pain by numbers. I can't do anything right :dunno:
    I'll eat steak from medium to well done. I just love steak.
    You're comparing a distilled liquor to an irreplaceable piece of art by a dead guy? Seems reasonable. At most 1.5 liters of stuff will get put into Jell-O shots and it bothers you. Chillax.

I'm sorry this thread turned into a discussion on liberty instead of a high-brow discussion on top-shelf liquor where we can try to impress each other with how cultured we are. No, I have no taste when it comes to bourbon/whiskey. No, I've never even heard of that bar or the brand of liquor before this thread. Nope, I have no taste for this, but I have class enough to not slam a private citizen for doing what he wants with what he bought. I assumed you could respect that notion :(

OP, you got poked.
    I'm cultured! I only have 1 1/2 Jeeps in my yard!

And a toilet.

And a mattress.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Story time!!
    December 1997: young Air Force TSgt KellyinAvon is at the Christmas party of the 932 Air Control Squadron in Iceland. We'd recently shut down the last remote Radar site in the USAF (Rockville), and there was an ancient bottle of Glenfiddich Scotch as one of the prizes (it had been there for ages, was to be drank after the site closed). The drawing was rigged to make sure the guy who won it was the guy who would open it and we'd all have a taste. I had mine with a couple ice cubes as God intended it to be enjoyed. Some of my co-workers drank it as a shot. They were Philistines. They have every right to be a Philistine, but they were Philistines nonetheless.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Most people who appreciate good things hesitate to see them ruined in "marketing stunts" or other manners. Guess you and I see things differently.

I bet you are really against marijuana edibles huh????? Just another stupid "marketing stunt" done by Marijuana Dispensaries to move a product, increase profit and make the product more palatable for those afraid to take a little smoke in their lungs (like children and anti smoking Fascists....)......I am with you on this.....You really hit the nail on the head.....

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm on the same page here. Ruining/wasting Pappy (while the rest of us have to wait years on lists) is criminal.

Prosecute him to the fullest extent.

(Edit: Just realized this was an old thread. Ah well.)

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I'll stick with Makers and Eagle.. and Crown XR. Not paying nor waiting that much/long for a drink. As for the bar, it's his to do whatever with, whats the problem?
    '

Top Bottom