• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    This may not be news to some, but I just came across this. I remember the song from the Beavis and Butthead soundtrack. I also remember my parents throwing away the cassette because it was about "suicide". Well, after seeing the video it seems to be about something else...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFziKTrlEis[/ame]

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    It does look like they're taking a strong anti-gun stance in that video, but I still like Megadeth. They're certainly entitled to their opinion just like everyone else. If their view bothers you that much, you always have the option to stop watching their videos and buying their albums and merchandise.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    he can believe whatever he wants. but instead of being anti-gun, he should be anti-drug. lolz

dave mustaine is/was a good guitar player but without Hetfield, the songwriting went swirling down. sure he came up with some good stuff, but i'll take slayer and pre-black album metallica when i want some thrash.

mechanix vs the four horsemen? bye bye dave, how many lineup changes are you on because you're an intolerable jerk?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    dave mustaine is/was a good guitar player but without Hetfield, the songwriting went swirling down. sure he came up with some good stuff, but i'll take slayer and pre-black album metallica when i want some thrash.

mechanix vs the four horsemen? bye bye dave, how many lineup changes are you on because you're an intolerable jerk?

QFT

I seen Megadeth at one of the ozzfests in the late 90's. Every song sounded the same and they were a complete bore.

Slayer always rocked the crowd, same with Pantera, no matter how drunk Phil Anselmo got.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Last time I ran into Dave Mustaine was at Circle Center Mall. I can't believe he is anti-gun. Maybe he is. It was before a Testament, Megadeth and Judas Priest Concert. Amazing what you see at the mall.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    ..hmm

back to the original post

Well if i can remember allot of the lyrics/ tone to the "Rust in Peace" album, I didnt listen to much of them after that album:rolleyes:

Id say Mustane was clearly conscious of the violence that the human race engages upon themselves, the context of the lyrics highlight his perspective of the extreme.

but Anti-gun? Not to sure:scratch:

Anti-violence id say the whole band despises violence, especially now that..Dave mustane has been a pronounced Christian for the past 17 years Id say he would too.

And I also dont think he or the band will be holding up any Anti-gun protest or benefits any time in the future, no worries.

Last edited:

bksboiler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    I can buy that Mustane is anti-gun.

I'll stick with Hetfield and the rest of boys from Metallica. James is solid pro-gun and hunting.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    what is this "stick with them"? Maaaan im gonna stick with Metallica cause they shoot guns, they hunt...mehhhh!!

Explain why "you can buy" that he is anti-gun,

The production Co that owns Megadeath's hide is assigned an art director so they can produce some kind of perspective or imagery that stimulates peoples imagination to enhance the content of the music. "The directors and producers perspective with some or little input from the band"

I sure wouldn't go on assumptions that someone is ANTI anything without asking, until someone asks Mustane, Marty, or another member.

His lyrics are one thing, they contain concerns, mockery and other aesthetics that do not necessarily reflect the true beliefs of the performer, not always,
    and certainly a crummy video that isn't produced, paid, and controlled by the performers themselves absolutely do not reflect the very best interest of a corporate signed band.

Last edited:

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    Not sure either way myself. It did strike me as odd though. Wanted to see if someone could put it in the proper context.

Whether or not they hold rallies/protests is irrelevant. Their music does have influence over popular opinion.

The "GUNS = DEATH" overlay was especially lovely.:):

back to the original post

Well if i can remember allot of the lyrics/ tone to the "Rust in Peace" album, I didnt listen to much of them after that album:rolleyes:

Id say Mustane was clearly conscious of the violence that the human race engages upon themselves, the context of the lyrics highlight his perspective of the extreme.

but Anti-gun? Not to sure:scratch:

Anti-violence id say the whole band despises violence, especially now that..Dave mustane has been a pronounced Christian for the past 17 years Id say he would too.

And I also dont think he or the band will be holding up any Anti-gun protest or benefits any time in the future, no worries.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    "Their music does have influence over popular opinion."

"Wanted to see if someone could put it in the proper context"
    Solution: Write Dave Mustane

You are correct 110% Steel Man

Anyone's who's influenced from an MTV produced music video and or other miscellaneous production, where it affects thier personal philosophies, political and personal beliefs in a biased presentation or manner, can and has been proven dangerous.

Last edited:

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    If you look outside the circle of gun owners and others blessed with common sense, a lot of political opinion is derived from popular culture. Look at our current "rock star" president. Tell me popular culture didn't seat him in office.

Besides, when has an anti-gun vote ever been cast with a logical argument. :)

"Their music does have influence over popular opinion."

"Wanted to see if someone could put it in the proper context"
    Solution: Write Dave Mustane

You are correct 110% Steel Man

Anyone's who's influenced from an MTV produced music video and or other miscellaneous production, where it affects thier personal philosophies, political and personal beliefs in a biased presentation or manner, can and has been proven dangerous.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    "Tell me popular culture didn't seat him in office."

Did you not read or understand that post at all? :n00b:

Anyone's who's influenced from an MTV produced music video and or other miscellaneous production, where it affects thier personal philosophies, political and personal beliefs in a biased presentation or manner, can and has been proven dangerous. EXAMPLE THE ELECTION OF pres OBAMA.....

a post bully ey?:laugh: LOLOLASFBADFJKBADfk

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I thought it was general knowledge that when Dave was hitting the drugs and booze hard- out of his mind- that he was lefty in his views. (Interesting how those two go together, huh) For example, he allowed this video, which speaks of 1 way to die, to be on his song "99 Ways to Die". Clearly the mark of a drunk liberal.

Since sobering up he's turned conservative. I don't know his stance on gun ownership, but I'd say its changed along with his other views.

I think most people here are living about two decades back. I don't think Metallica has made a record since Injustice. I've heard a band calling itself Metallica play since then, but it certainly isn't the Metallica of old. Megadeth on the other hand is rockin hard- check out Endgame.

bksboiler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    My apologies, I don't know Dave Mustane and don't know his views. I made an assumption based on interviews I'd seen given when I was younger. I should not have done that. Your right I don't know the man's view on anything.

My suggestion that I'd stick with Metallica had frankly nothing to do with Hetfield's pro-gun and hunting stance any more than it did any other band members’ recreational activities. But it cannot be denied that he is pro-gun and hunting. It just happened to be something that I thought was a good thing and a view I shared with a famous entertainer. I just plain liked their music better than Megadeth when I was younger. I haven't listened to either one in 15 years so I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

I cannot speak for Mustane and won't try to. I expressed an opinion based on what I felt.

I’m too old to fight over bands with anybody.

Top Bottom