• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    anyone here so any metal detecting ? I am thinking about getting one. If you do it what kind of places do you go to do it and do you think it is worth the cost of the detector? what kind of things have you found ? I dont want to dig up pop tabs and junk metal all day.

Last question what is a good metal detector to get. i dont want a $1500 detector nor do i want a cheap $300 dollar detector. i want something that will get the job done and good but i dont need the best.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Tesoro,White, I havent priced any in years, I bought a tesoro 15 years ago for around 600 and some change.Works great. I have found metal as deep as 18 inches,when tuned proper. Found rings,coins,wrenches. Dad found the ring,it was a .50 carat ingagement ring. Think the Tesoro has a life time guarante too. Worth
    a look,there may be better out there,just know what I have used,its the best.

ZS84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Columbus
    My father just got one for Chirstmas. He has been out a few times and has found some coins and a wrench, nothing great. He really enjoys it. He likes the one he has but I am not sure what it is. I will give him a call tomorrow and find out what it is.

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    I have 3 detectors right now. Have had one since about 1980. Lived in FL then and found lots of silver coins and a little jewelry. Paid for the first detector in about a year or less just with the silver found.
    Haven't used one lately, but plan to do it a lot when I get moved to Tennessee.
    They are a lot of fun to use and you never know what you will find. Have heard of Indiana residents finding gold in the river beds here.....No surprise to me....

Top Bottom