• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    It's not a single stack, but how does the Browning High Power fit your hand? That's the best fitting gun I've ever fired. I wish I still had the FM "detective" version with the shorter slide/barrel. Owned and sold several of those way back when. I think new they were $300 IIRC.

I'm torn between picking up a nice BHP or a CZ PCR. Both fit the hand very well, I've never had the chance to shoot a CZ though.
    I have a CZ 75 Compact, which I believe has the same trigger reach and frame size as the PCR with a few subtle differences (decocker vs. safety, steel vs. alloy, etc.). I have some trouble with the trigger reach in DA and may look into installing something like the Cajun Gun Works reach reduction trigger kit. In SA I have no problem with the reach.

For reference, my hand from the base of my palm to the tip of my trigger finger is ever so slightly under 6 inches when measured. Hope that’s of some help!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I still don't get why SOMEONE hasn't made a metal framed striker gun

There are. You mentioned one in your original post...

Hudson makes one, too. But I wouldn't buy one of those. I have serious doubts the company will be around much longer. For all I know, they've already folded as I type this.

Also as mentioned are the HK P7 series pistols. Good luck.

Kimber's now d/c Solo. And the new whatever it is that's meant to be a replacement for it. Evo, I think.

There are also aftermarket metal frames you can buy for Glock pistols. I think.

The reason for so few examples? Economics and demand. Not enough people just don't want them.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I say go with your original plan. I have a Kahr TP9 that shoots and carries great. I like having a 4" barrel and a full size grip on a slim single stack. It's poly, but I can imagine a comparable metal framed version is just as good to go.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Though now discontinued ... Another vote ( mentioned earlier ) for the Sig P239 .
    I used to be a 100% revolver guy back in the day .....I think the Sig DA/SA is a close alternative to revolver carry .
    I Love my 239 and feel very confident with it for EDC .

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The Kimber Evo is a new metal frame striker fired 9mm single stack, but capacity is 7+1.

I think Kahr is pretty much your only other option. It's striker fired, but more like a DA trigger.

We'll see what happens with the new Kimber, but I don't think there is enough demand for a single stack metal frame striker pistol, due to the increased cost of manufacture and resulting higher price tag.

Finding a good deal on a used Kahr is your best bet. Otherwise, as far as striker polymer vs. striker metal frame, you're looking at $300-400 for a new Shield or Walther PPS, vs what will likely be well north of $800 for the new Kimber.

Top Bottom