• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I follow Cabot on Instagram and have been watching as they have been crafting those. I wonder what they paid for the original meteorite chunk?

I love the quote in the article "But it was heat-treated by God..."

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Sorry, IMO Cabot is the most over hyped trash made... The rediculous billboard and branding take away from the beauty. Their "claim to fame" is that the do not need to hand fit any of their pistols... Is t that what you are paying for when it comes to very high end custom 1911's? And when I hear "custom 1911" I think I should be able to spec a gun anyway I please... Meaning if I want 20lpi checkering, serrations on the top with hand filed too rib checkering , a kart barrel, and a flat trigger that's exactly what I will get. Well... Not these guys. They have species guns...

Its over an an over hyped production gun with a nice finish and twist on what custom means... I think Kimber custom shop.

For the cost these bozo's are charging you can buy a Rogers,Reid,Bunker,Chen, Chambers, or any other real custom 1911.

To add to this, a few years back when the NRA show was in Indy, I stopped by their booth... Boy were they proud... The reps couldn't even handle a in depth convo around the platform. It was a joke... They were "allowing" some people to handle a slide and frame to show how smooth their slide to frame fit was... Lol. Boy it was impressive... In all seriousness it was a joke.

Anyway, not trying to thread crap, but the company, the pistols, and the cost vs uneducated people buying them is just comical.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    This gun is pretty cool looking! Just in case all of you guys are interested, one of my favorite people, and an INGO favorite has had a video out about it!

[video=youtube;JM3m-EFjaIo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM3m-EFjaIo[/video]

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    That might win the award for coolest gun ever. I would love to just have meteorite grips, let alone a whole 1911!

Top Bottom