• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Meth problem is getting worse.
    I have seen the list of components to make this crap. How can anyone think it is a good idea to put this in your body.
    Known a few who thought it was and most of them are dead or in jail.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    The Meth problem is getting worse.
    I have seen the list of components to make this crap. How can anyone think it is a good idea to put this in your body.
    Known a few who thought it was and most of them are dead or in jail.

Exactly... Its scary, no doubt about it. I know a couple people that got away from it, and they have told me about making it, and it gives you an insight into something scary... So thankful I never got into the stuff.

And meth is out of control up here. Our Drug Task Force guys do a great job, but they could use more help, thats for sure!

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    How would you guys feel if I made a thread about someone getting killed by a negligent discharge and titled it 'Guns strike again!'?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    It is a shame that we so willingly give up our liberties based on someone's subjective opinion of the activity's safety and necessity.

Perhaps you have noticed how much this has backfired on us as gun owners.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    It is a shame that we so willingly give up our liberties based on someone's subjective opinion of the activity's safety and necessity.

Guns don't tend to blow up and take out half the block.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Guns don't tend to blow up and take out half the block.

So when someone is killed by irresponsible or malicious use of a gun, it is not the gun's fault but the person who used it.

But when someone is killed by irresponsible use of methamphetamine, it is the meth's fault, not the person who used it or cooked it.

Am I getting this right?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    So when someone is killed by irresponsible or malicious use of a gun, it is not the gun's fault but the person who used it.

But when someone is killed by irresponsible use of methamphetamine, it is the meth's fault, not the person who used it or cooked it.

Am I getting this right?
    It's entirely the person's fault. Wouldn't have been a problem if they didn't make the lab. So are you against a ban on meth labs or what? There's responsible gun usage; I have trouble thinking of responsible meth lab usage.

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel

If you would like to discuss the safety and legality of meth we can do that. However I am referring to your comparison of meth to guns.

With the proper training and safety guns are 100% safe, or else I would not let my daughter shoot them. Can you say the same about meth?

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    This family has experience with meth and there is no freedom, legalization, or good that comes from it the labs or the users period
    Not a subjective opinion
    Not a matter of liberty
    Should be and stay illegal. Consequences of making and taking should be severe, immediate and sure.

Living example
    IMG_1272-1.jpg

Shesback004.jpg

The day after being rescued from a meth addicted mother and a methlab in a trailer.
    Ringworm, unresponsive, animal scratches, fetal alcohol syndrome, anxiety disorder, attachment issues.
    4 years later we still have struggles
    Don't tell me about drug laws and liberty

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    It's entirely the person's fault. Wouldn't have been a problem if they didn't make the lab. So are you against a ban on meth labs or what? There's responsible gun usage; I have trouble thinking of responsible meth lab usage.

And the gun wouldnt have been a problem if it was never made either.

Who knows, if meth labs werent already banned, maybe this wouldnt have happened. :dunno:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Fairly certain one blew near downtown Huntington yesterday...considering they have it bulldozed to the ground already and started less than 12 hours after it blew.

Very thankful it wasn't larger and was contained, as my brother in law lives about 50 yds away.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    All laws are a surrender of liberty to one degree or another. The 2A "guarantees" that particular right shall not be infringed. All other rights are left to the people or the states. Your right to use drugs are (theoretically) limited by the community of your peers. The constitution does not prohibit the people agreeing to mutually check the extent to which they'll exercise their right(s) to make, sell, distribute, or consume drugs. In most/all states the people have decided that some drugs, such a meth, are a particular hazard to the welfare of their community and have decided to that end, to check their liberties to those substances. It is not comparable, or logically/constitutionally should not be comparable to the right to keep and bear arms. Of course the poor public education many of us are exposed to seriously retards our ability to see the difference in the two.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I just watched a documentary about Meth on Netflix last night. The corrections officer in Oregon (I believe), who started the Faces of Meth organization, was on there talking about how it took over the neighborhoods and he saw those addicts come in again and again. Eventually he looked at the inmates previous jail photos compared to their newest ones and realized the visible difference in the bodies deterioration.

The "high" can last anywhere between 6 to 12 hours...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Why is anyone willing to defend meth?

I don't think it is a matter of defending meth so much as opposing government power grabs, especially on the part of the federal government, and also realizing the extent to which the war on drugs is in practice a matter of p***ing up a rope. In the end, if the government can usurp one power it does not constitutionally have, it can do so with any power it does not constitutionally have.

I also have to admit to personal sympathy with some parents in a story I heard several years back. I didn't hear any names or addresses, but it seems that a drug house turned up in a neighborhood full of kids and started targeting the youngsters. The details were a bit circumspect, but I understand that a combination of a handful of irate dads, a few buckets of fuel and some matches resulted in the remaining homeless drug dealers relocating.

Top Bottom