• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Michael Sam was cut from the Rams roster.

along with about a hundred others that you won't hear much about.
    I guess Dungy had it right

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Seemed like he played pretty well (especially the last game, led team with 6 tackles), just not well enough throughout the entire camp & preseason to make the 53 man roster. Reportedly the Rams want to keep him on their 10-man practice squad if no other team claims him off waivers, so they obviously don't think he has no skills.

I'd much prefer this story to be about a football player that was gay instead of a gay football player and I think a great many GMs probably feel the same way...but I do think Sam will be playing on Sundays at some point this season. If he'll be in the league two or ten season from now will largely remain to be seen.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Fudge Packers? Oh, just shoot me. I have no interest whatsoever in football, and the only reason I know about this guy is the gay thing. Why in hell is that important enough to even mention? People need to be smacked upside the head.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Most teams cut around 22 good football players today. In some cases, it's not so much about how good the individual is as much as how does he fit with the overall roster. For example, the Colts had to decide if they needed to keep 6 wide receivers or cut one to make room for another player at another position. It's different for every team. If Sam fits another team's scheme, they'll pick him up. If he stays on the practice squad, he'll have to struggle by on $6300 a week!

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Man, maybe he was actually evaluated on his football skills and just did not make the cut??? Or????????????

Top Bottom