• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scully

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Sarah Palin never said she could see Russia from her house. That was Tina Fay doing a parody on SNL. I would suggest more research.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Sarah Palin never said she could see Russia from her house. That was Tina Fay doing a parody on SNL. I would suggest more research.

Now, now, they're equally cute. There is no need to compete for my love. I've got enough for both of them!

DB

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    15320283_400x400.png
    :D

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Maybe we should ask her if she plans to visit all 57 states, or ask her to say "Marine Corps" (corpse). Anyone on the left playing up minor gaffes, to me is quite hypocritical.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It was a dumb thing to say, especially knowing you are under the microscope. But I am not sure how much real difference there is with the former KGB still running Russia along with organized crime syndicates. Putin has indicated he intends on rebuilding their military.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Say what you want about Palin, but before she became Public Enenmy #1 of the Dems/Libs, she had the highest approval rating of any governor at 93%. That speaks volumes right there in the world of politics! Do a little research on her accomplishments and quit falling for what we are spoon-fed by the MSM. She started off on city council and has management experience as governor, AND, she has a bigger set of stones than almost anyone I know of in national politics. Both Establishment Parties are scared to death of her and she has endured more personal attacks than any politician I know of. She has shaped politics, and speaks more of individual freedom and the potential good power of the United States than anyone else - growth, reduced regulation, freedom, limited government. Is she perfect, absolutley not. But, the worst thing we could do right now is to let perfect become the enemy! The next 3-6 months are going to do A LOT to shape the Repub lineup and the future of America :popcorn:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    In all fairness as a political independent, Bachmann referring to Russia as the USSR, it's a common mis-speak that many of us in the "older" generation sometimes make.

At 55, after growing up with the threat of the Soviet Union a good part of my life, I sometimes find myself STILL mistakenly referring to Russia as the "Soviet Union".

So it's not a stretch that being of the same generation, Bachmann might make the mistake of referring to Russia as the USSR.

I REALLY think it's a stretch to think she's so dumb she still thinks the USSR still exists.
    It's more just a case of "gotcha" journalism.

Last edited:

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Say what you want about Palin, but before she became Public Enenmy #1 of the Dems/Libs, she had the highest approval rating of any governor at 93%. That speaks volumes right there in the world of politics! Do a little research on her accomplishments and quit falling for what we are spoon-fed by the MSM. She started off on city council and has management experience as governor, AND, she has a bigger set of stones than almost anyone I know of in national politics. Both Establishment Parties are scared to death of her and she has endured more personal attacks than any politician I know of. She has shaped politics, and speaks more of individual freedom and the potential good power of the United States than anyone else - growth, reduced regulation, freedom, limited government. Is she perfect, absolutley not. But, the worst thing we could do right now is to let perfect become the enemy! The next 3-6 months are going to do A LOT to shape the Repub lineup and the future of America :popcorn:

I disagree. She spent more money on pork projects than a lot of governors. Maybe that's why she has a 93% approval rating. Welfare for states is pretty popular these days it seems. :dunno:

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    In all fairness as a political independent, Bachmann referring to Russia as the USSR, it's a common mis-speak that many of us in the "older" generation sometimes make.

At 55, after growing up with the threat of the Soviet Union a good part of my life, I sometimes find myself STILL mistakenly referring to Russia as the "Soviet Union".

So it's not a stretch that being if the same generation, Bachmann might make the mistake of referring to Russia as the USSR.

I REALLY think it's a stretch to think she's so dumb she still thinks the USSR still exists.
    It's more just a case of "gotcha" journalism.

Same here, I catch myself doing that too, non-newsworthy story IMHO.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I don't mean to threadjack but Sarah Palin did actually reference seeing Russia from Alaska. It wasn't a verbatim "I can see it from my house", but...:dunno:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXL86v8NoGk[/ame]

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom