• ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Update:

Drove up Monday and started at Albanese for gummy bears. Next stop was the beach to stomp around a little while. Then, on to the outlet malls in Michigan City where my wife found some good deals. We checked into the Spring House Inn in Porter. Interesting place, but it was quiet and cheap. We had dinner at Shenanigans in Portage. Food was good, but everything else there was very questionable. Only one waitress, one cook, and lots of regulars just hanging around.

Tuesday we started off at Porter Beach. Definitely a small parking lot but only 5 other cars when we arrived. Spent half the day there, and then checked out the Dunes nature center. We headed back for quick showers and then traveled to New Buffalo. Got to see a boat on fire, and had a great lunch at Stray Dog. After that we headed up to a winery called Round Barn. Cool place, but covid precautions limited the experience I think. We then went to Journeyman Distillery, which was my favorite stop of the trip. Played some mini golf and had a couple flights of samples. Dinner was Wing Stop in Hobart.

This morning we tried to do some bird-watching with some free binoculars they loan you through the Visitors Center. Hiked around a bog but didn’t see much.

Overall, we had a pretty good time!

Top Bottom