Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I rarely OC but I agree.

Ditto.

HTML:
    But the food quality at GC sucks

And FWIW i am a business person too, have a pro-carry sign on the wall in my shop, it has been met with entheusiam.

That's kind of my first post headed towards but I kind of tempered my response. :)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I have no problem going somewhere else. Glueman mentioned Calahans in Elkhart as a possibility. I'm up for other suggestions. I'd just like to meet our local INGOer's.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I will talk to Jon tomorrow and see what the possibility would be for a shoot at the Elkhart Rifle and pistol club. If we can't shoot there then it doesn't really matter where we go eat. I was just trying to find someplace close to the range. I will see if I can get into Callahans tomorrow and talk to the Mgr and see their stand on 2nd Adm.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Politos Pizza at Hickory and McKinley is a local business with great food. They are ok with carrying as far as I know. I have carried there several times. OC and CC.

Could also look at Fiddler's Hearth downtown. Don't know their stance on firearms, but I know I have OCed there.

Hacienda, and Wings' Etc are some other options, although they are not necessarily "local" businesses.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have no problem going somewhere else. Glueman mentioned Calahans in Elkhart as a possibility. I'm up for other suggestions. I'd just like to meet our local INGOer's.

It's been years since I ate there. As I remember, the food was good! I have tried the local GC and the food wasn't spectacular. I have had pretty good luck at Hibachi Grill. I don't know if anyone else has? Truthfully, I am going to shake hands. The food is a bonus!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Politos Pizza at Hickory and McKinley is a local business with great food. They are ok with carrying as far as I know. I have carried there several times. OC and CC.

Could also look at Fiddler's Hearth downtown. Don't know their stance on firearms, but I know I have OCed there.

Hacienda, and Wings' Etc are some other options, although they are not necessarily "local" businesses.

I have had Polito's. It's good. Plus my nephew works there. Or I think he still does. And Wings would rock!!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

Politos is great. Their stuffed pizza is 2" thick. I'm up for that.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    FWIW Wings is a local business. I know Jim Weaver. My wife was good friends with his Girl friend. Might be his wife now. She was a nurse. Good people! His first store was on Grape road. Hacienda, not to sure. I thought think they are too. Both now sell franchises now. I thought Hacienda's the first store was on LWE in the 100 center? Both have great food.

I am 100% for supporting local business!!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I like Fiddlers Hearth but they have held some Dem party things there so they might be supportive of common sense gun control...
    but the Guinness makes it all worthwhile.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I like Fiddlers Hearth but they have held some Dem party things there so they might be supportive of common sense gun control...
    but the Guinness makes it all worthwhile.

The Scotch eggs and Molly Maguires stew make me forget all about their politics. I once ate there and sat next to Mayor Petey. Made me kinda wish I was OCer. He surely woulda sat elsewhere.:laugh:

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    How bout Ryan's across from Wal Mart on County Rd. 6 just west of Cassopolis St. They have 2 meeting rooms there, and one can get all they can eat for one price.

Talked to Glueman tonight, he's got some good ideas!

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Let's not turn this in to a cc oc debate. We have an offer of a location. I personally don't feel like freaking any anti gun people out. I get no thrill from it. I just want to meet the local guys. Not have a show of guns. I'll leave this up to the op.

Absolutely!

Lets make this a "Get to know each other." and not make a spectacle out of it.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    How bout Ryan's across from Wal Mart on County Rd. 6 just west of Cassopolis St. They have 2 meeting rooms there, and one can get all they can eat for one price.

Talked to Glueman tonight, he's got some good ideas!

Can you clear it with the board for us to be able to shoot at the club? How much of a donation would it cost per person to shoot?

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Can you clear it with the board for us to be able to shoot at the club? How much of a donation would it cost per person to shoot?

Will be working on it, need just a little time, going to Indy Sat., Goshen Band is at State. Then next week going to N. Carolina for the week, but I'll see and let you know.

You looking at a handgun match?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Will be working on it, need just a little time, going to Indy Sat., Goshen Band is at State. Then next week going to N. Carolina for the week, but I'll see and let you know.

You looking at a handgun match?

Not looking for a handgun match persay. Just thought it might be fun if we could have an INGO Michiana meet. We could grab a bite to eat then go to the range and shoot for a while.

Top Bottom