• ...and so much more!
  • Biscuit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    La Porte
    Done right I would be interested.
    making sure we have cards, hand outs for people explaining at least hand gun safety and the 2nd amend.
    idealy we would have at least some facts for those terrified of the idea of armed civilians.
    Sadly I have been to an open carry group meet that was nothing more than shock and aw. I did not stay.

just my humble opinion

Pointblank871

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Michigan City, Indiana
    Biscuit, you mentioned cards what type cards are you talking about. I'm trying to gather info on 2nd amendment and gun safety and also info on OC VS CC if you have any more ideas or info please foreword anything so that we can get this group together. Im looking for a location so that we can all meet and talk about the Group and what we are about.

Pointblank871

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Michigan City, Indiana
    Michiigan City CC/OC Group

Im glad to hear from a few of you interested in this group, im in the process of getting handouts on all issues and looking for a location for meetings. If you have any ideas or info please contact me here or at pointblank871@gmail.com I will let you know how things are going maybe we can meet soon just to meet one another and give feedback and ideas how we can get more people to join the group. Thank You

Biscuit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    La Porte
    If I can remember it had statistics and I am spit balling here it was a long time ago.
    /Drowning is responsible for more deaths among children 1-4 than any other cause except congenital anomalies (birth defects). If for CDC CDC - Water-Related Injuries Facts - Home and Recreational Safety - Injury Center
    /More children are poisoned each year that are killed by firearms.
    FastStats - Injuries
    /Number or instances where a fire arm was used to save or prevent harm. "Gary Kleck published a study in 1994 that claimed that more than 2.5 million crimes were prevented every year by Americans walking around with guns". (Huffington post good article)
    Do Good Guys With Guns Stop Bad Guys? The Violence Policy Center Says No | Mike Weisser

It is my experience from doing a similar type event in Sacramento CA, Yap that evil liberal state with nice beaches and warm *(had to look that word up today) sun shine). Most people who are kind of anti gun have never even held one. My friend and his wife both made funny faces when I would bring up the topic of guns. That was until I got them to the range and it took some tugging and pulling to get them there. Now I just say I hope that weather is nice this weekend and then they ask so are we going to the range. We do nothing if all we do is stand there and not be prepared to listen explain and under stand that some people have been touched by violence in a very personal way and hating guns, all firearms is the only way they can cope.

This is just my humble opinion.

Top Bottom