• Status
    Not open for further replies.

TapRackDingus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2023
    Oakland County, Michigan
    This post has been edited to attempt to comply with a 'G' rating.

My fellow Michiganders decided to put us all into a bad situation- and I understand why they did it. Unfortunately, the progressives control the governor's seat, the house and the senate with republicans capitulating the other day and giving Whitmer what she wants: UBC's, registration and ERPO confiscation. They were given an inch of room and they are taking a mile. I am TapRackDingus, and I am looking at moving to Indiana as a final recourse against Whitmer and her operatives. A little about me and my firearms history:

Got my first gun in 2012 at the age of 23. I lived in Illinois at the time (if you know where I am going with this you can skip this paragraph) and learned how to use the .22lr handgun. Eventually I learned about carriage of firearms and how what I was taught in school was a lie. I thought AK's and M-16's were banned, and couldn't tell you the difference between a fully automatic weapon or a semi-automatic only. I learned that what Illinois was doing with registration and FOID cards was unconstitutional when the person next to me, an out of stater, could buy all the ammo and long guns they wanted. But not me. No FOID? can't even touch a gun or ammo.

I came to a solid conclusion after intense study on the subject that the right to keep and bear arms is a fundamental right, and the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution spells out what the government may not do with that right. I helped fight against the Madigan (Michael and Lisa) circus, Rahm Emmanuel and Obama pushing 'the Chicago way' (which is a revolving door of prison releases) and the utter, rancid corruption of Chicago. Lansing doesn't even compare. I decided one day that I wanted to exercise my natural right to keep and bear arms. Illinois told me 'no'. I told them 'CENSORED'. I made the effort of leaving that awful state. Of course the criminals are going to comply. Chicago is so far 'outside of the rules' that they are playing their own game. It is rigged and it's a big club- in the words of the late George Carlin- 'it's a big club, and you ain't in it!'

I went back to Pennsylvania. The same day that I arrived I was approved for a carry permit and could carry immediately (FOID was accepted). My first was a Bersa Thunder 380 plus. I miss that gun. I got into milsurps (RIP market) and bought the guns that I wanted. I wanted an AK for a long time, but knew I couldn't because they were likely 'banned'. I learned I was wrong. I learned about my role as a citizen, my role as a human being and an American and truly believe that an armed society is a politer (is that a word?) society. I moved to Michigan for job opportunities.

Whether I complied or not with their gun control is irrelevant. I knew that the progressives have been trying to push gun control *CENSORED* for a long time now, and the abortion issue was enough to swing power into their favor. Michigan intends to strip me (us) of our rights and force us to register our weapons and surrender them under a confiscation ERPO without a hearing and without due process. As an American I will have NONE OF IT. I am single, so the recourse of leaving Michigan will be a pain, but not impossible.

All gun control should be null and void.
    The GCA of 1968, the NFA, and any other decrees must be repealed and declared repugnant.
    The ATF needs to be disbanded along with alphabet soup agencies that can not be held accountable.
    But they have sovereign immunity and can not be held accountable.

I am accountable everyday at my job, on the road, carrying a weapon, and more. These clowns that make the 'rules' get a free pass and play outside the rules. I would make a return for Pennsylvania, but a solid nail in the coffin for gun control there is decades away. As people leave New York City and New Jersey to Pennsylvania they bring their politics with them. Texas is experiencing a similar situation with the exodus of people from California. They bring their politics- and their expectations- with them.

I try to do right by people despite not liking our human race on the whole. I had a future here in Michigan; an outstanding job, close to family so I could watch the little cousins grow up, potentially start a family of my own- and then Gretchen has to *CENSORED* and ruin everything. Without the right to keep and bear arms, the other rights are meaningless. I've always wanted 40 acres to target practice on, camp on and look at the stars. Maybe Indiana has something for me. This is Plan B right now, fast tracking to Plan A. Fort Wayne is an option, or close to the Michigan border, but in Indiana- far out of the reach of the tyrants. where they have zero jurisdiction.

Big fan of Military Arms Channel. I've never been to Indiana and I may see for myself soon what it is like on a long weekend. Thanks,

-TRD

PS- left some *CENSORED* in for amusement.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    We’ve got room, come on down. Jobs aplenty, better than most cost of living. If you care to share, what line of work are you in?

and

Welcome to INGO

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Come on down.

The other side however is to stay and fight. I don't really know if Michigan has been completely subverted or not.

I've met many Michiganders which were pro 2nd Amendment and seemingly conservative. I do recognize Michigan has some mind blowingly leftist cities. (Daughter is a GVSU graduate) which like Illinois may simply overwhelm the votes of the sane in the hinterlands.

I would suggest first replacing the State Republican Party leadership with Constitutionalists, with a remit to only support constitutionalists for office State wide.

Best of luck on what you decide.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Just in time for the NRA convention.
    Say what you like about the NRA The convention is like a shot show for the commoners....lol
    Last time it was here I went and it was great. Never seen so many carrying and not 1 shot fired.

45sRfun

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am in Wayne County, Michigan, and also looking to find a place in Indiana. Even if the last election had not been, IMO, stolen (but I suspect it had a lot of help from Rhinos), I am sick of having to turn in a pistol sales record to the police every time I buy a handgun. And it is only going to get worse for now.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Welcome :welcome:

I am a Former Michigan resident ( 1987 - 2010 ) - that was lucky enough that when my Job moved to Chicago area - I was able to move to NWI (just over the border)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom