• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I'm traveling to Michigan next weekend so I have been researching their handgun laws. I've found the basics, i.e. concealed only, no alcohol, don't take it to church, etc. I'm sure there are more I am missing.

Awhile back I saw a website linked here that had the laws listed for all 50 states, but I can't seem to find it now. If someone could steer me there it would be appreciated.

Also, I would like to hear from anyone that has any further knowledge that I would find useful.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Above the No carry zones, any place that has it posted No concealed weapons aloud you can not carry in to, also you have a duty to retreat if doing so will not put you in greater danger, If you have no choice and need to defend your life immediately then by all means do so, also you can meet force with force, if some one tries to slap or punch you, you can not step it up to drawing your gun, unless you feel you life is in danger and can articulate that in a court of law. Hope this helps.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Ops!! Also if stooped you must immediately tell the Officer that you have a CCW and that you have a gun on you or in the car, He has the right to take control of said weapon during the stop if he chooses too.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I'm traveling to Michigan next weekend so I have been researching their handgun laws. I've found the basics, i.e. concealed only, no alcohol, don't take it to church, etc. I'm sure there are more I am missing.
    I though MI was an open carry state? Could be just for residents?
    Awhile back I saw a website linked here that had the laws listed for all 50 states, but I can't seem to find it now. If someone could steer me there it would be appreciated.

Also, I would like to hear from anyone that has any further knowledge that I would find useful.
    I know of a church in Indy where half the guys are packin. What's wrong with that?

bobn911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Edwardsburg, MI
    That's true, Michigan is an open carry state. If you are a non-resident with a resident permit from the state you reside in, you may carry open. However, seems that a lot of cops from the larger cities have their own agenda so be forwarned. Good luck and enjoy you stay. Later, Bob

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    That's true, Michigan is an open carry state. If you are a non-resident with a resident permit from the state you reside in, you may carry open. However, seems that a lot of cops from the larger cities have their own agenda so be forwarned. Good luck and enjoy you stay. Later, Bob
    Yes, I do seem to remember reading that there are cities that have laws against open carry. As if it isn't hard enough to keep track of individual states!:dunno:

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Keep in mind ann arbor and Detriot have there own special handgun / carry laws.
    I'll try to get more info soon on this.

Also I have family in the Ann Arbor and cadillac areas, my grandpa for one, assures me that having the gun in your hand but covered by say a bron paper bag counts as cc. I'll have to check more into that as well

bobn911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Jeremiah, The laws are state wide, it's the rouge cops that are trying to enforce something that is not there. We are still battling ordinances that were preempted in 1990 but are still on the books. Later, Bob

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Jeremiah, The laws are state wide, it's the rouge cops that are trying to enforce something that is not there. We are still battling ordinances that were preempted in 1990 but are still on the books. Later, Bob

sorry meant ordinance, and typed law. thanks for the correction.

Top Bottom