• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Don't give Gov. Snyder too much credit. He didn't sign (or vetoed, don't recall which) this bill the first time around recently. As well as vetoing a school carry bill in the wake of the Sandy Hook shooting. He had the opportunity to turn the national narrative upside down, but did not. Glad they got it done, but the MI legislature deserves far more credit than Snyder.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Yeah, but gun registration is still a fact in Michigan. I don't see that going away any time soon.

I spend a good bit of time in Michigan and plan to retire there in a few years. As long as they have gun registration, I will stay an Indiana resident to avoid this nonsense. I know several gun owners in Michigan, many of them don't think that gun registration is intrusive to their rights. I think the fact that one can open carry without a permit gives many a false sense of freedom and makes them willing to trade one good for one evil. Just my$.02

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I grew up in Michigan and never saw anyone carrying a hand gun. Did see lots of shotguns and rifles in truck gun racks, especially around hunting season. As an adult I see the irony. And the stupidity. Slowly getting better for my home state.

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    I plan to retire and move FROM Michigan.

What I came to Michigan 25 years ago I was shocked at the restrictions to gun rights.
    Such as,
    the pistol registration requirement,
    the fact that rifled pellet pistols much be registered,
    those silly county gun boards,

What shocked me most was that many non-gun-owning Michigan residents assume that all firearms are registered.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I plan to retire and move FROM Michigan.

What I came to Michigan 25 years ago I was shocked at the restrictions to gun rights.
    Such as,
    the pistol registration requirement,
    the fact that rifled pellet pistols much be registered,
    those silly county gun boards,

What shocked me most was that many non-gun-owning Michigan residents assume that all firearms are registered.

Probably all thanks to Detroit and their crime problems.

Top Bottom