• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    OMG! Will it ever end? Whites are the most discriminated race in this country. Blacks and Hispanics can play the race card at the drop of a hat and then turn around and make fun of whites without reprecussion. They can go on tv and crack jokes and ridicule whites but god forbid a white man even saying something that could be construed as racist. Andrew Dice Clay was ostracized and driven into obscurity when he was accused of being a racist and sexist for doing the same routines as Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor. Sorry for the rant, just am getting so tired of the reverse discrimination and reverse racism that is increasing daily.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It appears the trip was for students belonging to the "African-American academic support group." It was paid for with a "private donation" so, public funds were not used.

If any student was not accepted into the support group because of their race, then that would be unacceptable. If students identifying themselves as being of another race besides African-American, were members of the support group, but kept from going on the trip because of their race, that too would be unacceptable.

Where is the racist policy?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    OMG! Will it ever end? Whites are the most discriminated race in this country. Blacks and Hispanics can play the race card at the drop of a hat and then turn around and make fun of whites without reprecussion. They can go on tv and crack jokes and ridicule whites but god forbid a white man even saying something that could be construed as racist. Andrew Dice Clay was ostracized and driven into obscurity when he was accused of being a racist and sexist for doing the same routines as Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor. Sorry for the rant, just am getting so tired of the reverse discrimination and reverse racism that is increasing daily.

I don't want to say anything to get this thread closed, but ADC was driven out of show business by the white media. Please prove me wrong.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Good thought, but it's not "reverse" it's just plain discrimination or racism, regardless of which group does it to another group.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I don't want to say anything to get this thread closed, but ADC was driven out of show business by the white media. Please prove me wrong.

The white media is as much a part of the problem as anyone. Look at the liberal press and how they bend and present the news to suit their own agenda. The media quit reporting news years ago. Now the media tells the general public what they, the media, want them to know. I didn't agree with a lot of what ADC said, thought he was a pig, but he had just as much right to say it as Eddie Murphy or Richard Pryor did. But b/c he was white he was driven out. This is all IMHO though...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The white media is as much a part of the problem as anyone. Look at the liberal press and how they bend and present the news to suit their own agenda. The media quit reporting news years ago. Now the media tells the general public what they, the media, want them to know. I didn't agree with a lot of what ADC said, thought he was a pig, but he had just as much right to say it as Eddie Murphy or Richard Pryor did. But b/c he was white he was driven out. This is all IMHO though...

Eddie Murphy is funny even without the language. ADC was never funny and was only popular because he was vulgar.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    “The intent of our field trip was not to segregate or exclude students, as has been reported, but rather to address the societal issues, roadblocks and challenges that our African-American children will face as they pursue a successful academic education here in our community.”

We are now forty-six years after the passage of the Civil Rights Act and African-Americans STILL need special help. Will they ever be able to stand or fall on their own?

I'm sorry if that sounds racist, but how much help will be enough?

Doug

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It appears the trip was for students belonging to the "African-American academic support group." It was paid for with a "private donation" so, public funds were not used.

If any student was not accepted into the support group because of their race, then that would be unacceptable. If students identifying themselves as being of another race besides African-American, were members of the support group, but kept from going on the trip because of their race, that too would be unacceptable.

Where is the racist policy?

So, do you think the school would allow a White American acedemic support group, that excluded African American students from trips?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    “The intent of our field trip was not to segregate or exclude students, as has been reported, but rather to address the societal issues, roadblocks and challenges that our African-American children will face as they pursue a successful academic education here in our community.”

We are now forty-six years after the passage of the Civil Rights Act and African-Americans STILL need special help. Will they ever be able to stand or fall on their own?

Doug

Frankly, it sounds to me like the principal is trying to perpetuate a sense of victimization and entitlement to allow his preferred students to continue to have access to special privileges. The black students in that school have the same teachers, the same curriculum, the same materials, the same tests, the same educational opportunities as all the other students. It's hard to continue to reap the benefits of being a victim our society reaps on the poor downtrodden if folks are allowed to realize all those kids actually have the same educational opportunities. Well, judging by this field trip, maybe not ALL the kids have access to the same opportunities after all...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Doug

Doug, that is not racist. I believe it's a legitimate question. However, if your life experience has demonstrated that there are no longer any "societal issues, roadblocks and challenges" that black people continue to face in America, then I can't argue with that. We just have two differing experiences.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Frankly, it sounds to me like the principal is trying to perpetuate a sense of victimization and entitlement to allow his preferred students to continue to have access to special privileges. The black students in that school have the same teachers, the same curriculum, the same materials, the same tests, the same educational opportunities as all the other students. It's hard to continue to reap the benefits of being a victim our society reaps on the poor downtrodden if folks are allowed to realize all those kids actually have the same educational opportunities. Well, judging by this field trip, maybe not ALL the kids have access to the same opportunities after all...

It would be presumptuous to say the principal is "trying to perpetuate a sense of victimization and entitlement" just because you know the context of the gathering, but not the content of the conversations that took place. If the conversation was anything like the ones I have with young children, I would like to think that no one would object, but I know that's not reality.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It would be presumptuous to say the principal is "trying to perpetuate a sense of victimization and entitlement" just because you know the context of the gathering, but not the content of the conversations that took place. If the conversation was anything like the ones I have with young children, I would like to think that no one would object, but I know that's not reality.

Is there a conversation that could take place that would justify, in your mind, a field trip for white students that deliberately and actively excluded black students?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Is there a conversation that could take place that would justify, in your mind, a field trip for white students that deliberately and actively excluded black students?

1. I could not justify a conversation, trip, opportunity, etc., for any student that is open to the general student body, but excludes some people because of their race.

2. I could justify a conversation, trip, opportunity, etc., that is for a particular group or club, but not for the general student body.

Again, I would say shut the school down if those kids were kept from going simply because they were white. But, if the school did not prevent them from joining the group, then I don't see a problem with the opportunity being for members of the group, only. If it were a segregated group and did not allow white children to join, then I don't see why the parents or the students did not protest at that point.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Doug, that is not racist. I believe it's a legitimate question. However, if your life experience has demonstrated that there are no longer any "societal issues, roadblocks and challenges" that black people continue to face in America, then I can't argue with that. We just have two differing experiences.

My life experience is that many people have "societal issues, roadblocks and challenges" that they face without any special help and many of them do just fine. I had a few myself. I'd guess my main advantage is that I didn't have a culture that said doing well in school was being a traitor to my social group.
    I guess I find it hard to sympathize with a world view that doesn't value education and hard work.
    I have known many African-Americans who had the same values as mine and most of them did quite well; many times, in spite of "societal issues, roadblocks and challenges."

Doug

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

If White people had ever been intentionally held down by some other segment of society and been prevented by law from learning how to read, etc., yes.

Don't misunderstand me.. This principal is clearly and obviously applying racist principles to a group other than his own, in this case, White students. I do not dispute the error of his actions in the slightest. I can, however, see his flawed reasoning in that Black students' scores on whatever test the students (all of them) had taken were lower, so to bring the scores up, he made available to them an extra opportunity. I'd bet he saw it no differently than a teacher stopping at little _________'s desk because that child was having difficulty with whatever concept was being taught and giving that child extra attention or help in grasping the material. The difference is that that teacher is still in the classroom and still available to ALL the students equally.

Previous, especially ancestral condition of slavery is no longer a viable excuse. There are too many opportunities available to everyone, if they make time for those opportunities as opposed to wasting time in pursuits of nothing special.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    1. I could not justify a conversation, trip, opportunity, etc., for any student that is open to the general student body, but excludes some people because of their race.

2. I could justify a conversation, trip, opportunity, etc., that is for a particular group or club, but not for the general student body.

Again, I would say shut the school down if those kids were kept from going simply because they were white. But, if the school did not prevent them from joining the group, then I don't see a problem with the opportunity being for members of the group, only. If it were a segregated group and did not allow white children to join, then I don't see why the parents or the students did not protest at that point.

In all likelihood, no student who did not fit that group's name ever asked about joining it. For example... If JPFO did not make clear that they were open to all, stating it very clearly and obviously on any membership materials, etc., how many gun owners who are NOT Jewish would express a desire to join? I know that when I was in school, I'd never have given a thought to joining an "African-American Support Group", specifically because I'm not African-American. It's hardly proper to support this guy's actions on that basis.

Top Bottom