• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    So I got one….. because the reviews and cool factors. I don’t know if this is a popular opinion or not but I do not think they are very reliable as an edc. For being tacticool and maybe for a real load out might be a good thing. But for opening a box and then using it to defend against a feral dog. I wouldn’t trust it, the action got gummed up in under 6 month and it’s dull I’m not allowed to sharpen or it voids warranty. (Probably a good thing on that front I’m no pro) so I am going to ship this knife back to microtech to get cleaned and sharpened. Then I suppose it will be my “fancy” knife going to need to find another work horse though.

the point of this post is to see if others have the same experience or maybe I am doing something wrong. I want to like it.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Out the front version? Compressed air and a little lube then more compressed air might help. My LUDT has been a good workhorse for daily stuff. Carrying a ProTec currently for sentimental reasons.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    So I got one….. because the reviews and cool factors. I don’t know if this is a popular opinion or not but I do not think they are very reliable as an edc. For being tacticool and maybe for a real load out might be a good thing. But for opening a box and then using it to defend against a feral dog. I wouldn’t trust it, the action got gummed up in under 6 month and it’s dull I’m not allowed to sharpen or it voids warranty. (Probably a good thing on that front I’m no pro) so I am going to ship this knife back to microtech to get cleaned and sharpened. Then I suppose it will be my “fancy” knife going to need to find another work horse though.

the point of this post is to see if others have the same experience or maybe I am doing something wrong. I want to like it.
    I have a Benchmade mini Infidel that’s an OTF and I use it for light every day tasks. If I know it’s going to be a heavy use day, I grab a beefier knife. I agree with you a bit on that point.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Improper sharpening voids the warranty, idiots ruin it for everyone and daggers are very hard to do correctly IMHO. That and I hate to break it to Tony but his sharpening guys cannot hold a consistent bevel to save their lives lol.

Blow out with Compressed Air and then deploy the blade and add two drops of nano oil on either side of the blade. Easy , though for reliability I recommend their Out The Side knows myself. No OTF short of a HALO V is 100% reliable.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Improper sharpening voids the warranty, idiots ruin it for everyone and daggers are very hard to do correctly IMHO. That and I hate to break it to Tony but his sharpening guys cannot hold a consistent bevel to save their lives lol.

Blow out with Compressed Air and then deploy the blade and add two drops of nano oil on either side of the blade. Easy , though for reliability I recommend their Out The Side knows myself. No OTF short of a HALO V is 100% reliable.
    Never saw that halo v I would be very hesitant to spend that kind of coin on a micro tech now though.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Never saw that halo v I would be very hesitant to spend that kind of coin on a micro tech now though.

It's single action, once you hit that fire button nothing is stopping that blade from coming out. Not the most practical knife either , but definitely cool.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    OTFs generally make for poor hard-use knives as well as any kind of urban commando pipe dreams of knife self-defense.

There's just too much that can go wrong.

That said - they're still cool as hell.

I don't own one...yet.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John22
    Top Bottom