• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I ordered an OTIS cleaning kit and some magazines from them about a month ago. Ordered Friday and it was in my hometown Monday, but I didn't get it until Thursday because of transferring to USPS. That was the only issue I had with them (and not really sure it was on them that it happened like that?). I definitely plan on ordering from them again, but I'm wondering if there's anyway to get around the transferring part??

Make sure you pick either UPS Ground or USPS Priority. If you use one of the UPS to USPS services, there will be a transfer. I think the wait time depends on where you live. I get stuff delivered via those services all of the time and don't notice a significant delay.

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    Make sure you pick either UPS Ground or USPS Priority. If you use one of the UPS to USPS services, there will be a transfer. I think the wait time depends on where you live. I get stuff delivered via those services all of the time and don't notice a significant delay.
    Agreed. I think the only downside to the sure post for me, is when something arrives in town on friday evening, and doesn't get transferred until monday. Frustrating, since USPS would deliver it Saturday, if only they received it!

aeroe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Ammo can't go USPS, so that limits the options. Their UPS charges are high. Shipping one box probably shouldn't cost more than $7-10.

FYI, Brownells wants $15.95 to ship one box of 45ACP and Aim Surplus wants $12.50. No one is cheap sending you one box of ammo.

$12-15 seems to be the average. It's the new $3 special fee that irritates me more than anything. That pretty much says "price gouging" to me, since they keep the cost per round very low.

Motorhead302

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Fulton County
    i actually dislike midway usa, because they keep emailing me to tell me that things that i've looked at that i can't afford are on sale. if they keep it up i'm going to waste a lot of money. :(

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Ammo can't go USPS, so that limits the options. Their UPS charges are high. Shipping one box probably shouldn't cost more than $7-10.

FYI, Brownells wants $15.95 to ship one box of 45ACP and Aim Surplus wants $12.50. No one is cheap sending you one box of ammo.

hartatac.com has $9 flat rate shipping (ammo included)

Top Bottom