• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CW16

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2014
    Indiana
    So, I went into MGE in Mishawaka looking for a blade. Typically when I walk in, I have to go look at the used guns. There was a salesmen talking to a guy about a Glock 23. What I heard was beyond my comprehension...

Customer: "What's the S&W stand for after the .40?"
    Salesman: "It means a lot of things." (Nothing else said)
    Salesman: "You don't want to carry a .40 anyways... It's a high pressure round and could cause your gun to blow up."

At this point, I had to laugh and walk away.. The other kicker was, while looking at blades, a salesman just stared at me, just staring at me. I guess I'm just sexy enough to undress with eyes.

And last but not least, I enjoyed the gentlemen who was a salesman who wouldn't let me look at the Glock 41 because it was in the "LE" cabinet. Apparently you can't event touch those.

all in all I walked out, went to femme fatale and walked out with 2 new blades and a friendly trip with them. Thanks MGE for helping me support a nice local business.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So you signed up to make your first post an attack on a LGS (local gun store)...

I have always had a great experience at MGE.

CW16

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2014
    Indiana
    So you signed up to make your first post an attack on a LGS (local gun store)...

I have always had a great experience at MGE.

Guess it it looks that way. Since I've posted here in the past on another name, but cannot remember my login. But I guess since I'm "too dumb" for that I'm bashing poor salesmen at MGE. I'm glad someone had luck in there.

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    I always expect crap customer service when I walk in the door there. Then I'm not so disappointed. Only reason to buy anything there is their great inventory.

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    I have to admit the last few times I've been there it has been tough to get the attention of a salesman. I love the store and inventory though

brownhornet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Mishawaka, IN
    You're not alone. It's been hit or miss with customer service when I go in there. I've been lucky lately because I haven't had to wait too long to get help. I try to stay away from there on the weekends if I can help it, it's usual mobbed.

GLOCKBOY

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    It's not the same there since Brian passed away. I enjoyed the best of customer service with him. Great deals, knowledgeable and a great guy. Now I'm a lost in the crowd. Lots of new sales people. Not as much service.

Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I've been to Midwest Gun Exchange 3 times. Was treated like **** all 3 times. I blame the first visit on them and the last two on me. There won't be a 4th visit.

poberly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 25, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I agree with most of you guys that the customer service at Midwest needs some improvement. The only reason I will be buying something from them is because I got a gift card for my birthday. Last time I was in one of salesman treated me poorly, so I handed him back the pistol I intended to buy and I walked. I will still go to the store, and I still plan on buying the same gun, but I won't deal with that same individual. Every other gun store in the area has been very professional, so it has been difficult to go back when I know my business is more appreciated somewhere else.

I want to be clear that I'm not trying to down Midwest at all as a store, just one of the salesmen. They have a huge selection of firearms and they have never been out of ammo when I'm in need. As stated I will still go back because I don't believe that one salesmen should be the reason to avoid an entire store.

CW16

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2014
    Indiana
    I agree with most of you guys that the customer service at Midwest needs some improvement. The only reason I will be buying something from them is because I got a gift card for my birthday. Last time I was in one of salesman treated me poorly, so I handed him back the pistol I intended to buy and I walked. I will still go to the store, and I still plan on buying the same gun, but I won't deal with that same individual. Every other gun store in the area has been very professional, so it has been difficult to go back when I know my business is more appreciated somewhere else.

I want to be clear that I'm not trying to down Midwest at all as a store, just one of the salesmen. They have a huge selection of firearms and they have never been out of ammo when I'm in need. As stated I will still go back because I don't believe that one salesmen should be the reason to avoid an entire store.

The he bad part is it's not just one individual. When asked what's the best for home defense and I hear 22? That's dumb and it was because it was a woman. It's all about a sale anymore not about what people need.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The he bad part is it's not just one individual. When asked what's the best for home defense and I hear 22? That's dumb and it was because it was a woman. It's all about a sale anymore not about what people need.

Not to go too far OT, but I assume you are on an iPad or iPhone? If so, glad to see its not just me that gets this annoying off the wall autocorrect.

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Glad I'm not the only one who thinks their customer service could be improved.

99% of the time when I walk in the door, I know what I want. Just have to get someone to grab it, and make the sale. Which sadly can take an hour.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I agree that it's hit or miss there when it comes to service. Sometimes you just get the feeling they don't want to sell you anything. For that reason I make sure I'm not in any hurry when I go there and I just expect to have to wait a long time. Many times though the wait is my fault since I wait for Bruce to get free.

Top Bottom